It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Getting Potable Water, From Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
America is recieving potable (drinkable) water from Mexico.

Yesterday, a Mexican Army convoy crossed over the border for the first time in over 100 years bringing much needed relief and much appreciated manpower and resources.

Amongst the resources they are bringing:
Potable Water.

I've been told my whole life (maybe an urban legend) That the water in Mexico is not the highest of quality.

So, (no insults intended) Here is supposedly the last remaining super power recieving water from a country internationally known for having bad water.

The major lesson learned may very well be a collective national one of humility. Those are my two copper and zinc 100ths of a dollar.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Montezuma's revenge anyone?

Seriously, I'm sure the water produced by the Mexicans will be fine and I applaud their efforts to help.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I didn't know Mexico had potable water!?

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I didn't know Mexico had potable water!?

From what I gathered neither did anyone else.

But, seriously, it is appreciated. Afterall, it is self evident the American people were failed by a government that the American people failed to police correctly.

Thanks Mexicans,

Sincerely,
Gringo

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
According to the article's I have read and the state department website is that Mexico donated water purification equipment.

The water in Mexico is fine as long as its in a cold long necked bottle

However its a matter of simply getting used to it and having your internal floura adapt to the particulars. My sister who is a middle east studies (phd) student used to get really sick in places like Syria, Morocco, Lebanon etc, but now has no problem with it.

[edit on 9/10/05 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I really applaud Mexico for their efforts and help in this horrible time. I read about it in the paper a few days ago and was quite shocked to hear about this convoy. Thanks Mexico...

PS... we wouldn't mind a couple of cases of Corona either
(yes I know it's bottled here)

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have been to Mexico dozens of times and I didnt know they had water?????

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I think it is great that they are helping. They owe us anyway. I just hope we can get them to leave when they should

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jalengrma
I think it is great that they are helping. They owe us anyway. I just hope we can get them to leave when they should

That is funny!

Seldom do I laugh outloud when reading posts.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
My stomach hurts just thinking about refugees with dysentery,
drinking water from Mexico.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

I've been told my whole life (maybe an urban legend) That the water in Mexico is not the highest of quality.

Ive been to Mexico and thats not a urban legend. Travel agents will tell you not to drink the tap water. Mexican people can drink it and it gives them no problem because their bodies are use to it.But it can land most people from US in bathroom for most of their vacation.

You have to be careful with the ice in your drinks since that is made tap water.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It's the same in the Philippines. I developed MRSA from a popped blister and dirty water, but my wife at the time never had any kind of problems with the water because she had been there her entire life and had adapted to it.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It was probably a large shipment of Dos Equis disguised as water for the National Guard troops.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
There are also seems to be many armed Mexican troops coming to America, for the "relief" effort ... doesn't this affect your sovreignity, a bit ?
www.infowars.com...

They should've brought tequila instead of their "potable" water

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I got to say when I first seen this I about fell out of my chair. It is shocking to hear. To think we would even need water form them is so very sad. Another thing that bothers me is why do we need it? It is my understanding that most of the displaced people are in other citys. I am sure these citys have water. It's not like America has a water shortage.

I have only been to Mexico once in my life and that was in the late 80's. And I got to say from what I seen when I was there. I will never ever drink the water from there.

Don't get me wrong I happy Mexico wants to help us out in our time of need, but PLEASE no water.

All I can say is thanks Mexico but no thanks.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with the water in most of mexico, it is just that it has microbes that we in the US are not equiped to deal with. Mexican tourists get the same advice not to drink the water when they come North of the border. I am sure the water they are bringing is being boiled and/or purified which is all that is needed to make it safe.

It is produce you should watch out for because of an unfortunate habit of using human fecal matter for fertilizer in many areas.

Source: Lonely Planet Guide to Mexico

PS - I personally take my chances when I travel to Mexico and I have never gotten sick. I drink a fair amount of Tequila though which is said to have a protective effect.

I find Mexico far more civilized than the US in many ways, albeit much poorer. They would respond to a disaster like this far better than un IMAO.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by opensecret1150]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Well, i was sick for 2 months after a Mexican Holliday i took

I hope THIS water is up to US standards.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
All I am saying is the water is normal water, not polluted or radioactive or anything. As long as it is purified (which I assume is a given) it is far, far safer than what is in the area of the "toxic soup".

The water in an undetermined area of the gulf coast now contains not just microbes and virii which can be boiled or purifed out, but heavy metals, volitile, aromatic and HIGHLY toxic chemicals, oil, gasoline, pesticides, bleach, etc, etc etc..

I'd take my chances with the Mexican water rather than any tap water, purified or not from within at least a 50 mile radius of NOLA.

top topics

join