It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Day after Roswell' On History channel!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Its on right now! Just started!

Its a documentary about Phillip Corso and his claims! I've read his book 'The Day after Roswell' (I'm sure many others on this board have) and i'm pretty suprised the history channel have done a documentary on it.

I have to agree, theres been ALOT of UFO programs on TV since the disclosure project. Its just very strange......

Please post reviews in this thread!

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have this book and am looking forward to reading it, anyone read it?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
please post impressions after you watch it...sounds interesting!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm watching it on history channel + 1 hour. I remember the book, and I remember it seeming to be quite credible but I better not comment too much before I finished watching it.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Altogether I was suprised to see hardly any debunking apart from "Yeah, it would have been impossible to reverse engineer a microchip back then" or "Fibre optics are too complicated" etc.

Altogether it had some good infomation and included Stanton Friedman's views amoung others

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I read the book and saw the show. I think his story is believable and you can see what others had to say in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or this one.

Or do a search on "corso".

Needless to say, there has been many discussions on him.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'll have to catch this one in a rerun... Haven't watched too much tv lately, apart from the weekly dose of "Lost"

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
it might be worth having a look into this, i havent read the book yet, so i shall get it off amazon today

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spreadthetruth
Altogether I was suprised to see hardly any debunking apart from "Yeah, it would have been impossible to reverse engineer a microchip back then" or "Fibre optics are too complicated" etc.

It's to be expected. All shows on most subjects are biased, especially with a subject as controversial as UFOs and more precisely, Roswell. TV always shows something from the angle of sceptic or believer, never is there a neutral representation of a subject.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I agree with you.

I just saw a program called 'Paranormal?' which just picked 3 easy to explain UFO cases without delving into the genuine ones.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I obviously didn't have time to post more on this thread at the time, but just as an aside, own and have read the book.

Corso is fairly credible. One must also remember that the first part of the book, the account of Roswell, was not first hand, as Corso freely admits (yet for some strange reason, skeptics fail to realize)...

The importance here is what happened (as the title suggests) AFTER Roswell.

In the book, Corso has a tendancy to build himself up as a bit more important (ok, a LOT more important) than his role likely was, assuming this is all genuine, but it is intriguing, and he would have certainly been in a good position to know. Delve into his boss' relationship and experience in UFO related matters, and you'll find some tidbits too. Not to mention his boss' late buddy Sen. Thurmond.....

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Not to mention his boss' late buddy Sen. Thurmond.....

What about Thurmond?
I did a quick Google search and found he had originallt written the foreword for the book, but that was before he knew what it was going to be about, he thought it was merely a biography, non alien related.

Is there anything else that could be intriguing?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
In reading the book, you'll learn that Strom often visited General Trudeau, which can be corraborated. As one who had been in politics for the majority of his life, he was extremely deeply connected, even then (hell, he was the only Congressman alive (at the time) who had CIVIL WAR vets vote for him, hehe...). Anyhoo, Strom's foreword is still in the book (at least in the copy I have), even though when it came out, he declined to endorse the book (not surprising, if you believe Strom to be one of the secret keepers).

Look into Strom's connection to Paperclip....

[edit on 12-10-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Its pretty strange how they only aired this show once....... They always seem to show that really, really dumb show called The real flying Saucers.........

God that program was really aweful......

Anyway, theres both a heavy mix of UFO shows on both sides of the argument being aired alot lately..

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The book was very interesting. I liked how he titled a chapter the high frequency aurora project and then goes on to describe super guns that were designed by various nations. A hint to its true purpose perhaps?
Corso sounded pretty beleivable. Was the programme good?

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I actually reviewed the book on Amazon after buying 5 coies of it. I read it after someone else suggested it a few years ago.

There's a lot of coding in it, remember, the government is big time into numerology. If you know how to read between the lines, Corso even alludes to the Space Shuttle & many other rockets being blown up by the aliens. He also tells about how he covered Roswell up, talks about how he got the high tech goodies to certain companies to reverse engineer some of todays current high tech toys, like better bullet-proof vest, night vision goggles back in Vietnam, etc.

I highly suggest that you read this book. There's a quote, by Davy Crockett in the book "Be Sure You're Right, Then Go Ahead" & if you take it & turn the letters into the number equivalency, & then add them up, you get a map coordinates for Forbidden Key, down in Florida. A friend of Mine actually went down to it, & he kayaked around the Key, & when he came back from his little trip around the key (he saw Government Warning signs all around it) there was a strange guy taking his picture from the dock.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
So far, even though at first, when I read the book, I thought that Corso was exagerrating and maybe not telling the truth, my research into him, including skeptics rebuttals, has shown nothing that counteracts his testimony. So, as far as I am concerned, Corso is telling the truth as he knows it.

However, I didnt need Corso's testimony to know that alien technology has been reverse engineered by the government since Roswell. There are numerous scientists, cooperate witnesses, and military personnel who have come out on the record and said as much.

top topics

join