It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nano Air Vehicle (NAV) Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
What do you guys think about this?

DARPAs Nano Air Vehicle (NAV) Program is a technology development and integration program to demonstrate the capability to develop an extremely small (60 seconds after completing a 1000 high speed meter ingress and the 60 second low speed ingress.

The program will be divided into two phases: 1) Subsystem Design & Evaluation and Preliminary Integrated Design, and 2) Comprehensive Design, Integration, Test, and Evaluation. The initial dissemination of information on this initiative will be on Thursday, September 29, 2005.

Link

Mr. M

mod edit: all caps in title

[edit on 8-9-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Shouldn't this be in the Aircraft forum...?

BTW, what do you think of it, your suposed to put what you think first.

As for me i'm not really suprised, I've seen several different concepts and prototypes of theses things. One having light wings like a fly and it can operate much in the same way a fly does, however the thing that are holding this tech back is batteries, lithium is the current "norm", but it isn't enough juice for longer operating time.

However they do have a Bright future.....which we wont here much about.
Why? (I think) because they will be great bugs (no pun intended), you can just fly into a classified meeting and land anywhere, record it in audio...eventually down the road even video, and have it transmit to your laptop, if they make a bunch of them then they will get cheap, so it wont matter if they the squished or stepped on...or lossed.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Biotechnology has emerged with bio electronics which is bio molecules with electronics. Scientist are developing to create remote controlled killer insects. These deadly insects could do unimaginable secret explorations.

Battles of the future will be fought by controlled bio bugs and they will be able to float, crawl, stick, swim and fly as well.....

Just think...this will start a SMALL international arms race.. lol

The crazy thing is nano technological weapons can be made very quickly. It will have a significant destabilizing effect in the future.

Lets hope no InanoRobot doesn't get loose.. lol

I read some where on mphasetech.com that scientist are working on ways of stacking nano-batteries together to make them even more powerful, and that you may be able to use them for up to twenty years. Battery power is not a problem anymore... I think in about 2 to 3 years these batteries will be available to the public.
www.mphasetech.com...

Then there is micro-engines that will have over 100's of times the energy than a common battery, much lighter and much smaller.... these engines could replace batteries some day soon!

And finally, batteries that run off of bio molecules from genetically engineered insects. I wonder if they will be on Fear Factor?

hmmm... bio insects, just makes my skin crawl........where is my NAV swatter ..lol

I wonder who will be DARPAs potential program participants in this?...... probably house flies!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Thing about using insects really intriques me. Wouldn't it be crazy to think that there is the possibility of being spyed on by house flies or cockroaches, videotaped and sound recorded, with the potential to denotate miniature but powerful explosive devices with pinpoint accuracy?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Sounds cool... I can't see no reson why it would be fake...

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I don't think it's fake. I just think that it is amazing how advanced technology has become. What will they come up with next?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
I don't think it's fake. I just think that it is amazing how advanced technology has become. What will they come up with next?

yeah... It sure is cool... Just think about the size...

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
these little nanobots could be a huge threat. Not even just for surveillance, but imagine a little flying suicide NAV with a 2 gram payload of smallpox or anthrax or some other bio weapon. Not one person except the people who deployed it would know where it came from.

top topics

join