It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuba's Oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
India is now exploring off Cuban coasts for oil. The US can't explore for this oil because of our 40-year embargo.

If it turns out Cuba has sizeable reserves that will be a real kick in the teeth considering all this country's efforts in the Middle East to secure sweet, sweet crude.

India searches for Cuban Oil

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
considering theres oil in the gulf and off the coast of florida I would say there chances of finding oil are near 100% . But is the amount found going to be worth wile to extract?
the gulf has around 120 oil rigs and produces 2 million barrels a day .
i dought they can find a big enough hit to get that amount.
more then likly the oil find will produce at most 100,000 barrels a day.
Or in other tearms a drop in the bucket

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Not sure of your post here Jeremiah_John. Are you saying it's a good thing? A bad thing?

Cuba is currently buying its oil at rock bottom prices courtesy of Chavez. The Caribbean is making a concentrated effort to buy their oil from Venezuela in exchange for some energy. Ecuador (second biggest South American importer to US) is also renegotiating how and who they will sell their oil to - in exchange for more social initiatives in their country, like health, literacy and other programmes.

Much change, much movement and new pairings in the world of oil. The partner that you danced with you last year may not want to do it this year.

I've said this before but the US has to be more saavy about who it is manhandling and alienating. Yesterday's enemy may need to be tomorrow's ally.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Its about time we took that ignorant deadbeat monster out of there anyway. I say we just stick him up for his oil.

By the way, my parents are Cubans and they say they never heard of any oil in Cuba.

As long as we're keeping the invasions going, i vote he should be next.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I wouldn't count on Cuban oil to releave any pressure on oil supply quite yet. We are still about 10-15 years from seeing a feasible DOT launch. Increase research and engineering in polymers and composite materials should help speed the DOT proccess along. Having these kinds of rigs off the Cuban coast will be a much greater advantage as who knows how many pockets of how much oil lay in wait.

ogj.pennnet.com...

top topics

join