It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And There I Was Starting to Actually Respect John Stewart.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well, John stewart has joined in with the partisan attacks against president Bush in the wake of hurricane Katrina. And there I thought he was a smart, free-thinking person. Yes, join the other peopel that single out Bush in this incident. Ignore the people who built the city in a hole below sea level, ignore the governer and mayor of the cities effected, ignore the democratic government officials in the area that could have done something. Single out Bush. You go John Stewart, you may have just lost yourself a viewer... If only you weren't on Comedy Central every two seconds...

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
font=Georgia].[font]
i didnt edit anything

]

[edit on 7-9-2005 by jacquio999]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Ignore the democratic government officials in the area that could have done something.

I just found that quite funny. Carry on.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If you want Bush Worship watch Fox News, if you don't like reality/the truth, watch Fox News.

Sorry, if you can't handle the truth, don't watch something that will give it to you.

BTW: Going after Bush? Missed Conan O'Brien and his "Autograph Book".

"Here's the autograph from out President!"

Besides his name being spelled right, everythig is misspelled horribly and topped off with "Stap cileng me distarded."

He is on NBC, not Jon Stewart.

[edit on 7-9-2005 by Jestaman]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
You dont respect him because he goes after Bush? How could you have ever started to respect him then?

I myself find The Daily Show quite funny, but its not like it takes any skill to point out how retarted Bush sounds sometimes. Bush saved the Daily Show.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It seems that a lot of people forget that our country runs on a thing called federalism. That means that there's a separation between the Federal government and state governments. The president is merely the head of one branch of the federal government. Everything he does is passed through congress. Why is nobody attacking the government in New Orleans which very obviously didn't do enough? And correct me if I'm wrong, this is off the top of my head, but isn't the local government of Louisiana and New Orleans run by democrats? People talk about bills that the President passed that could made this hurricane cause more damage, but aren't those bills reviewed by and voted on by congress? I mean it's pure and simply ignorance to try to peg all the blame on one person.

I used to respect John Stewart because I thought, although he had blatant bias, he usually wasn't a sucker for getting sucked into petty partisan games. Apparently I was wrong.

new topics

top topics

join