It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans Police to be Pulled Off Streets by Tuesday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Late Sunday, Mayor Ray Nagin said that his entire police force would be pulled off the streets by Tuesday. All firefighters, paramedics and emergency dispatchers will also be sidelined. The city is now destined to become a ghost town to be occupied by federal troops in mop-up and combat operations.

seattletimes.nwsource.com
On the seventh day, the mayor of New Orleans said he would surrender control of his shattered city to federal and state officials, and authorities issued dire predictions of the human cost of Hurricane Katrina.

"We need to prepare the country for what's coming," Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said yesterday. "We are going to uncover people who died hiding in the houses, maybe got caught in floods. It is going to be as ugly a scene as you can imagine."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is it because the Feds need to seal the city off and empty it so they can dispose of the dead without actually counting them?

This all seems very surreal and strange to me.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

[edit on 8-9-2005 by asala]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Its not going to be to hard, most have quit.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Although I am sure that it will be explained as a means of ensuring maximum efficiency by simply allowing the troops to do their jobs with as few distractions as possible (which it no doubt is, to some extent), I am also aware of the impact that the removal of thousands of dead bodies from New Orleans would have on public perception.

Can you imagine what the bodies will look like after a week in filthy, contaminated water? I am certain that the American leaders do not wish the public to view that particular image.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Or maybe contractors really did get killed by the NOPD or LSPD, and they dont want it to happen again.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Not to mention the NO police/fire/emergency response crews have families and ties to the community. They've been on the job non-stop for several days after riding out a devastating huirricane and have personal issues to tend to. Lets face it, these men and women need a break

top topics

join