It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dress rehersal for a nuke strike on US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Most suitcase nukes are not boosted warheads, no tritium. They weigh in at around 75-100 lbs according to my sources. Packaging varies on how powerful the device is from a small medium size suitcase to medium trashcan size (35gal US).

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
bottom line if they had the capability to do so... now would seriously be the optimum time... if they dont do it now then im convinced they dont have the capability.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cylent773
I heard Geraldo Rivera say that the response to katrina was a dress rehersal for a nuclear strike on the United States.
Thoughts please.

I think he simply meant that the devastation and response was similar to what we might see in a nuke attack. Perhaps he, like some of us, believes that it's coming. Not just thinks or feels, but has reason to believe.

RLS
If only people would allow themselves to entertain the truth, I think we could handle it. But so many are in such resistance to what's right before their eyes, they cannot allow themselves to even entertain it.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Events in NO over the past week will have been a god-send to the federal and military planners in what to expect...the perfect opportunity to study in detail the effects on the population and the total breakdown of society of a major city devastated in one blow, nuke or otherwise.

In some respects...the absence of national guard, the days of delays in delivering food and medical aid, and other factors make it almost seem like an engineered 'live-fire exercise'

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Yes. Given the death toll, 'in the thousands', the weapon is probably going to be nuclear. A biological attack and chemical attack is less effective. That said, the US consideres a bio or chem attack the equivalent of a nuclear one, and therefore can respond in kind with a WMD of its own, the only ones it has are nuclear ones...

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by timski
In some respects...the absence of national guard, the days of delays in delivering food and medical aid, and other factors make it almost seem like an engineered 'live-fire exercise'

I know what you mean. It did almost seem like the were stalling a couple of days. Like they didn't want to disturb the little experiment that they had been given. They may not have planned it but I'm sure that New Orleans was a nice little petri dish for them.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cylent773
Well you all should take this with a grain of salt, but I've been watching fox news for a couple days now and at least 3 times today I heard Geraldo Rivera say that the response to katrina was a dress rehersal for a nuclear strike on the United States. I was stunned when he said that, I was like, what.... what the hell are you talking about dude? i was literally screaming at the TV. Thoughts please.

I think your point has been overlooked so far, Cylent773. I have been watching Fox as well and with him being next to "imbedded" with relief efforts he may have overheard some ramble from the National Guard relating to similarities between their operations and NBC (Nuclear Biological Chemical) procedure or maybe he heard something coming down from FEMA. The only problem is that FEMA isn't the "FEDERAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT AGENCY" it's the "FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY" they have not been created to deal with natural disasters just federal emergencies i.e. civil uprisings, revolutions, etc. and it's quite clear since they have the ability to suspend the constitution but not direct aid or organize rescue ops. We've got to thank the National Guard and the Red Cross for that.

Clearly if there were a nuclear attack on the U.S. we'd be in trouble but FEMA would have the same position they have now… they’d be looking at the rest of the country to see if it was about to flip out, if Martial law would be necessary, etc. etc.

Back to your point, Geraldo gets a little crazy at times, don’t let it rub off on you. He’s been hired by Fox for a reason and it’s mainly just for entertainment… hell, that’s why I watch Fox. If anyone thinks there’s any difference between them and CNN or MSNBC (or democrats and republicans) or the level of “truth” or “bias” you get from them then you’re crazier than Geraldo! You already know what’s going on and it’s never going to be reported on any corporate owned media outlet. Besides the anchors on Fox are hotter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join