It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood Whining about themselves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
When I say Hollywood, I am referring to the American Movie Industry! They are whining because it has been the worst summer of movies since 1997. The problem as I see it, the producers and studios are too greedy and ignoring the indie film directors and writers, which is where all the talent is being expressed. They THINK we care about re-hashes of old films being made new and turning stupid TV shows into movies.
Basically, MOVIES SUCK!

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
yep, indy is where it's at!
Someday the execs will take a lesson from the real talent.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Yeah and when they take an indy movie like The Ring and make a US version of it, they utterly mess it up!

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm just hoping and praying that "they" don't try to remake

If they do, I'll cry. A lot.

Because it's probably the most frightening movie I've ever seen, and if it becomes Hollywoodinated it'll be ruined.

I don't care how cute Sarah Michelle is, there should be a law against remaking Asian horror movies, goshdarnit!

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Latest movie.. "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" based on the case of Anelise Michel. That looks simi-promising as being interesting. I hope it's not a knock-off of "The Exorcist".

Lookin at Yahoo! movie section, looks like I will be staying away from the Box Office for monthes on end.. Only the films that say Limit (as in Limited Release) look the most remotely interesting.

Good Lord NO! "The Legend of Zorro!"

Whom is that damn annoying annoucer that always narrates the movie commericials???

"In a world where..."
"Sometimes in everyone's life..."
"There comes a time when..."

I am sick of that guy.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I saw that guy on tv once... He was interviewed about his job.
He makes boku-big-bucks just reading out loud. Pretty funny that a guy can get rich like that.

Now, about that movie THE EYE, This is new to me. Is it the same director from ringu? That guy spoke no english at all and still put out THE RING in the US. I will have to look for THE EYE on disc. (as I generally dont go to the cinema)

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
Now, about that movie THE EYE, This is new to me. Is it the same director from ringu? That guy spoke no english at all and still put out THE RING in the US. I will have to look for THE EYE on disc. (as I generally dont go to the cinema)

The Eye on DVD

Great little movie. Different director from Ringu.

I still get the shivers just looking at the dvd cover...

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I see it is from the Pang brothers. Also there is an EYE2. will definitely check em out. thanks

top topics

join