It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI vs. RaisetheFist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
A 18 year-old kid starts a website called RaisetheFist.com. Its an open site, so one user uploaded his page onto the site and Mr. Austin provided a link to it. On the linked site, documents on "how to build explosives" are found. Mr. Austin is arrested by the FBIs for "distributing" these documents while the author is only questioned. Rather than risk 23 years in jail, Mr. Austin pleads guilty to the count and the prosecutor recommends a one month jail sentence (Mr. Austin was offered this if he pleaded guilty). Nutty right wing judge decides to make an example of this "revolutionary" (I guess, he's not up to date on how this country was started) and is jailing him for 1 year with 3 years probation. What they are essentially doing is eliminating an effective website used to voice opinions and takin one more step closer to censorship.

For more information go to this site

Free Sherman Austin

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm not saying you comments are any way wrong or that I disagree with them but I do know a bit about this story.

This harmless 18 year old guy considers himself a hard-core anarchist.

Anarchists are not just a threat to the 'right' but likely a threat to any civil society at certain times regardless its political leanings.

I hope that this guy gets out quite early on good behaviour because he should. But will he behave himself behind bars, who knows?

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Anarchy is the only viable alternative to reality.

There is no govenor anywhere - Lao Tse

new topics

join