It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Question WHY? - What Happened to NOLA Biowarfare Labs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I keep asking these questions....

Why the delay in federal response???

Why prevent people from leaving the city???

None of it seems to make sense....Can this really be incpompetency? Can this be about race? Can this be about logistics? It doesn't add up.

Then I stumbled on this....

www.ohsep.louisiana.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> Grants to help Tulane Boost bioterrorism work

The money will fund projects investigating potential bioterrorism agents and strategies for preventing the spread of key disease agents such as anthrax and plague.

And this....

Tulane National Primate Research Center

Microbiology
Emphasis on AIDS models, immunopathogenesis, microsporidial infections, respiratory syncitial virus, STLV/HTLV, mycobacterial diseases, simian varicella virus, and retrovirology

Looking for more sources....

Could this be it??? Or something like it??? What can really explain the fed's initial and seemingly wilful refusal to move quickly into NO???

I wonder....

(((From the depths of my paranoia....)))

[edit on 4-9-2005 by loam]

mod edit: title change

[edit on 9/8/2005 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Looks like LSU also was studying infectious diseases like Ebola and SARS...

www.sciencedaily.com...

Were the feds waiting to determine if specimens were secure???

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of the status of the Waterford Nuclear Power Plant 20 miles west of the city???

How many "nasties" were in the general area that required the feds to determine their status before focusing on the relief effort???

Is that the real reason for the delay??? This at least would make some sense.....

[edit on 4-9-2005 by loam]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Sounds like a better explanation than its 'about race' to me

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The very next day the idea wass floated to move the evacuees to vacant towns across America. The vacant towns have paved streets, housing, toilets,showers,apartments, cafeterias,gas stations, movie theatres, barber shops, medical and dental clinics and everything every other town in America has. Some of these ghost towns even have airports and golf courses. The buildings and grounds are meticulously cared for. Not a soul livers in these towns. They need people that need a town to populate them. Surrounding cities and towns need people to move into these vacant towns to bolster their economy.
The plan was to evacuate all the destitute to these vacant towns and use them semi-permanently until New Orleans can be straightened out. It would have been a simple fast task. Then we could clean up New Orleans easily. When NO was cleaned up, the people could move back or stay in their new homes. All we needed to do was bus them there in a few days.
The vacant towns already have water,sewer,gas,cable and all the infrastructure in place. The whole problem could have been solved by now.
All we would have needed to do is supply toilet paper and open up a cafeteria until a supermarket operator could stock the supermarket and stores that are already there.

You have to be asking yourself where these beautiful ghost towns are.
THEY ARE CALLED ABANDONED MILITARY BASES.

I can't tell you why the plan was rejected without it becoming a major issue, but you can be sure it was race related.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Also see this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
BUMP

Hopefully helpful Ed will see this and comment. This is a very serious concern some people have, I'd like to see it adressed by the government.

Are these labs secure, or aren't they? Very simple yes or no answer could save a lot of lives, or just put a lot of minds at ease, depending on the answer.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Maybe the "Oklahoma guest" are those folks who lived near Tulane or LSU. Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
LSU anthrax research Professor Hugh-Jones has said that he does not expect a great threat with these little nasties, as without electricity the refridgerators will slowly warm up and thus kill any stored organisms. Ditto for any liquid nitrogen storage devices.

Dr Raoult Ratard, the Louisiana State Epidemiologist, with police permission took a team into the BSL3 Lab at Tulane and they injected full strength Clorox bleach in all vials thus insuring all bacteria and viruses are dead.

Also, Tulane President Cowen has said that Tulane's National Primate Center in Covington, La. where they test infected animals is already functioning under near normal conditions.
Messages from (Tulane) President Cowen: Please scroll down to the September 5th statement.

It would seem that this is a no longer an issue or a concern, professionals (not FEMA) took care of the situation.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
From another website...Click

Could have a LOT to do with the military responce. If katrina was created/inhanced by u.s., maybe this would have been taken care of first?
Then again, maybe just another facet of the experiment? Interesting, at any rate.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
most ebola and stuff lioke that specimens are kept like on the 4th or 5th floors way above the water thats there but maybe and wasnt a multi storie buliding?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
LSU anthrax research Professor Hugh-Jones has said that he does not expect a great threat with these little nasties, as without electricity the refridgerators will slowly warm up and thus kill any stored organisms. Ditto for any liquid nitrogen storage devices.

Dr Raoult Ratard, the Louisiana State Epidemiologist, with police permission took a team into the BSL3 Lab at Tulane and they injected full strength Clorox bleach in all vials thus insuring all bacteria and viruses are dead.

Also, Tulane President Cowen has said that Tulane's National Primate Center in Covington, La. where they test infected animals is already functioning under near normal conditions.
Messages from (Tulane) President Cowen: Please scroll down to the September 5th statement.

It would seem that this is a no longer an issue or a concern, professionals (not FEMA) took care of the situation.

Intelgurl...

I was so wondering about this since there has been no mention of this in the mainstream media.

It's good to get straight info on these potential hazards before we speculate ad infinitum.
We can't assume all officials aren't doing what needs to be done...good that these researchers are on the ball.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Intelgurl:

I see nothing in that statement that specifically addresses those concerns. Moreover, do you have links to the other statements made?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Intelgurl:

I see nothing in that statement that specifically addresses those concerns. Moreover, do you have links to the other statements made?

Thanks.

If you find my statement to be less than credible, please feel free to email Dr Raoult Ratard, the Louisiana State Epidemiologist yourself - [email protected]

As a public servant he will be glad to answer your email inquiries on this subject as he has with others who rely on first hand information.

Also, you can try the Center for Disease Control's "Select Agent Program" at [email protected], or call them at 404-498-2255, they can answer your concerns regarding this situation as well.

Even though the flood waters in New Orleans are teaming with E. coli, the only disease linked to Hurricane Katrina thus far has been due to the water-borne bacteria Vibrio vulnificus, a relative of the pathogen that causes cholera, which is suspected in one death in Texas and three in Mississippi, none in New Orleans.

When in doubt make your own phone calls and send your own inquiring emails - anyone can click a link but sometimes if you're going to deny ignorance you have to do your own investigative work.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Are you saying you did? That wasn't made clear in your post.

Thanks for the condescension, BTW, I don't think I have had enough of that today.....

top topics

join