It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salton Sea Volcanic Region Coming To Life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Okay, this needs to be bumped. Mods, get to work and clean all this other 7 year late trash out, please.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
New article on the Salton Sea Volcanos. It says that the California Volcanic Observatory lists this area as a high threat for future blasts. Keep an eye on it.

www.ouramazingplanet.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I realize that the original posts were from 2005, but I want to clear something up that was mistated a couple of times in those posts. MSH is NOT the only volcano to erupt on the West Coast in the past 200 years. Not even the only one to erupt in the past 100 years

I wont post info about Mt St Helens, as that is all easily found, and most people know about it.

Mt Lassen in N.California last erupted in 1917.

www.nps.gov...

Mt Baker in Washington state last erupted in 1843, but there was VERY active thermal activity as recently as 1975 in the Sherman Crater that was formed from the 1843 eruption.

vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...

Glacier Peak, also in Washington, is believed to have erupted in the past 200 years as well

vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...

Going a little further back, Mt Shasta in California is believed to have erupted in 1786

vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...

And, Mt Hood in Oregon last erupted in 1741.

vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...

That is a good percentage of the Cascade Volcano's that have actually erupted in the past 2-300 years. The notable exceptions being Mt Rainier, Mt Adams, Crater Lake, and the Three Sisters complex. I have limited my search to stratovolcanoes for the most part, as calderas ( Newberry, Long Lake etc ) all have a much longer inactive time currently.

FWIW

Danno

<< 1   >>

join