It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jefferson Parish Residents May Return Monday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
People in Jefferson Parish are allowed to return home as soon as Monday morning.. Really good news for these people.

www.wdsu.com
Jefferson Parish emergency management leaders announced a plan to allow residents to go back to their homes on Monday.

People will be allowed back starting at 6 a.m. Monday and continuing indefinitely. However there are strict conditions:

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think this is some very cool news. Its cool that some places down south might get back to normal, or some type of normalness.

[edit on 9/4/2005 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 10-9-2005 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
That's Great News!

Finally some..thing positive.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I didnt say to much on this post, because I think its great new.. really great news.. But i am still mad about this whole situation..

Altho on the other hand, they are talking something around a year before people can go back into the New Orleans Perish..

Anway I am happy for these people..

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Well ya got my vote on the article.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Great News? Is anyone reading the article? Conditions are primitive. This is not a return to normal life.

Parish leaders advise that women should not travel alone into the parish.

Bring bottled water. Do not attempt to drink the water from the faucet.

If you need to flush a toilet, the first flush will work, but the second flush will require more water.

No stores are open in Jefferson Parish. If you need anything, you must bring it in with you, including fuel for your vehicle.

People can stay for a night or two, but conditions are primitive because of a lack of electricity, water and sanitation services.

Drive carefully since many traffic signals and traffic signs have been destroyed.

A full curfew remains in effect from dusk to dawn.

Some items that you might want to bring include:
Cameras for insurance documentation
Prescription drugs
Non-perishable foods
Sanitation supplies
Plastic bags
Disinfectant
Batteries
Baby supplies
Manual can opener
Paper plates, cups, napkins, etc.

It's not like they are returning to any sort of life or normalcy if they go back, and it certainly doesn't sound as if this is anything more than a chance to grab what you can.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Its better than waiting perhaps 1 yr to get what they can..

top topics

join