It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stop the shortage!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
DO NOT buy gas if u dont really need it, ur contributing to the panic. the gas stations are running dry BECAUSE you are making them run dry. there is NO shortage. the only shortage is occuring in your own mind. THIS MUST STOP. tell everyone you know to stop contributing to the panic. the oil companies are loving this, because once ur under the impression theres a shortage they can utilize it to skyrocket gas prices.

STOP THE PANIC. LEARN FROM THE PAST.

the 70s had a similar situation where the 'shortage' was man made, it was all in the publics mind, there was no shortage.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
omigod people are gonna panic... i better go fill up before the panic causes a shortage in my area!

I dont have much to contribute to this thread other than, you're right. But most anyone reading this forum knows this.

If the panic continues, hard to say if it will or wont (id say it will be over soon since wholesale gasprices on the market have dropped considerably and are only 20 to 30 cents higher right now than they were before Katrina.), then we may start seeing more rationing to control the panic.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
This post is like blowing an airhorn in a herd of cattle and saying don't stampede.

BTW I stopped using gas a long time ago, propane is still $1.60/gallon.

Don't buy guess indeed, so says Bushco too which means PANIC!

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
This post is like blowing an airhorn in a herd of cattle and saying don't stampede.

BTW I stopped using gas a long time ago, propane is still $1.60/gallon.

Don't buy guess indeed, so says Bushco too which means PANIC!

Are you from Arlene, Texas. OMG there really is a Hank Hill.

yep, yep, yep, yep. *nods* yep, yep, yep

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   

My BMW X5 came as a multi-fuel vehicle, got a great tax write off for zero emissions use, plus Bavarian engineering. Clark smart.

As for propane, I have been using it long before Hank came on, and it is rather popular in Wyoming oil patch were I grew up. Just fill up at the wellhead by the gas separator...free gratis.

Thanks for the laugh though. Shhh, I love BBQ'ing with propane too.

Propane Education & Research Council: www.propanecouncil.org...
Parnell USA: www.parnellusa.com...
DRV Energy: www.drvenergy.com...
ECO Fuel Systems: www.ecofuel.com...
IMPCO Technologies: www.impco.ws...
Clean Cities Vehicle Buyer’s Guide: www.eere.energy.gov...

So just say no on Arab gas....yep yep

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
gas stations are running dry BECAUSE you are making them run dry.

This is to say that I am driving more than I typically would simply becasue there may be a shortage coming. Normal usage, as previous Katrina, is not spurring a shortage. This is to say that I am getting gas, driving around aimlessly, getting more gas, just so I can get all I can.

I realize I am not getting my thoughts into words quite well on this one, perhaps some understand my twisted thought process as for what I am trying to convey, lol.

Sure wish I had my baby Hog [Sportster] again, ah the miles and miles and miles ["Oh yeah", lol].

Just my take.

Misfit

top topics

join