It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Bless Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I just want to applaud the State of Texas for their amazing willingness to help in the New Orleans disaster. They are opening up their sports dome, opening up their schools to the refugee children, and offering help in finding jobs for some of the displaced people. All of America should look at what Texas is doing and follow its lead.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Amen,

Today I was watching the news and they already have taken into their communities about 200 thousands of the victims.

I believe that they so far has been the state to hold the most.

Here in GA my daughter said that the UGA gym has been turn into a housing area for refugees, and also Georgia tech.

But I don't think we will have as many as Texas.

Is nice to see how other states open their arms to the needy in times of stress in our nation.

American is a nation of good generous people.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
*edited out a worthless post*

If you cant stay on topic dont post

[edit on 3-9-2005 by Amuk]

[edit on 3/9/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

This is very rude and needs a warning.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by SpittinCobra]

[edit on 3-9-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
there are 2 nations in this world that are living this way because of America I see no one help them, or is it because there God isn't Amercian,

Leave your Christian god out of it, after all he allowed it to happen didn't he

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
there are 2 nations in this world that are living this way because of America I see no one help them, or is it because there God isn't Amercian,

Leave your christian god out of it, after all he caused it didn't he.

I dont believe in God and I STILL think its rude.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
whats rude about it, people help each other, it's got piss all to do with some god,
well there you go I got my warning by a some mod, still doesn't take away the fact that is what I believe.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
STOP THE INSULTS NOW

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Please stay on topic...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I just want to applaud the State of Texas for their amazing willingness to help in the New Orleans disaster.

It may have been the Mayor of San Antonio I heard the other day pledging to take care of however many people came into their city. Schools? "We'll take care of it." Shelter? "We'll take care of it." It was an amazing and heartening commitment to do 'whatever it takes'. I was truly inspired!

So, I agree. Bravo Texas!

(I guarantee that's the first time I've ever said that!
)

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
When my son, who live in Houston, told me that som of the motels were charging $200 for an $80 room to the evacuees from Louisianna, I was very upset and dissappointed. What the government of Texas has done has renewed my opinion of Texas. Yes there are some opportunist, but Texas a s a whole is taking on a tremendous burden in the name of humanity. Thier attitude of "Let's take care of the people first." is to be appluaded.

God Bless Texas

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This makes me proud to be a 'damn' Texan. ( That's what they call one that leaves at some point). Texas has shown a HUGE heart and just so everyone understands, the Governor has no idea how the State will pay for this, he said he is not worried about that right now, he is worried about the people who need help.

Houston
San Antonio
El Paso
Dallas
Austin
Fort Worth

Texas, take a bow as you have stepped up to the plate unlike anything I have ever seen.

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

not to be left out, the other states are helping too...but Texas stands out..

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
There was talk on the TV that Texas was ready to build special schools for these displaced kids, if necessary.

God Bless Texas! Damn, that brings a tear to my one good eye.

top topics

join