It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Bible Prophecy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I couldn't think of a better subject for this but I just need to get this out there. Why do people hear something about a city being destroyed or a great terror from the west in the bible and think this relates to us in the US? I'm not trying touch on the facts because I suck at factual arguments but wasn't the Bible SORT OF written over on the other side of the world? If the Bible talks about a terror in the west, isn't that the US? If a great city is supposedly destroyed isn't it referring to Jerusalem or some other holy city? I'm not very religious so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. However, the Bible and the prophecies in it haven't changed and updated themselves to fit into our modern times, we shouldn't treat them like they have.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hi MTH_860//

The Bible Old and New testament is suppose to be read as a whole...

Revelation however, is about the future life.....Which I believe is NOW...

The Bible begins with Genesis(meaning BIRTH)
GENESIS///cHAPTER 1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

The end of the Bible is the Apocalypse, in other words Revelation ///Chapter 1
1/The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass;and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
2/Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
3/Blessed is he that readeath, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein:for the time is at hand.
4/JOHN to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come;and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Revelation means to reveal or be revealed in Greek APOCALYPSE...
It tells the fate of mankind and the end of the world.

The author of the Apocalypse refers to himself as John (Rev. 1:1, 4 and 9, and 22:8).

The author of the Apocalypse states that he was on the island of Patmos "for the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ" (Rev. 1:9). It is known from Church history that of all the Apostles, only St. John the Theologian was subjected to incarceration on this island.

The proof of authorship of the Apocalypse by St. John the Theologian is in the similarity of this book with his Gospel and the Epistles, similarity not only in spirit, but also in the writing style, and especially in certain characteristic expressions. Thus, for example, the Apostolic sermon is referred to here as "witnessing" or "testimony" (Rev. 1:2-9; 20:4; also see John 1:7; 3:11; 21:24; 1 John 5:9-11). The Lord Jesus Christ is referred to as "the Word" (Rev. 19:13 and John 1:1-14 and 1 John 1:1) and "the Lamb" (Rev. 5:6 and 17:14; also see John 1:36). The prophetic words of Zechariah, "Then they will look on Me Whom they have pierced" (Zech. 12:10), both in the Gospel and in the Apocalypse are quoted in the same manner, according to the Greek translation of the "Seventy" (Rev. 1:7 and John 19:37, Septuagint translation).

more here

The Churches in Revelation is speaking of the ENTIRE CHURCH AGE ON EARTH......SEVEN is a complete perfect number.
Seven Churches........seven stages that the ONE HOLY CATHOLIC(universal) and APOSTOLIC CHURCH will go through up until the end of time.

Instructions are given to each church and what the offence is.....
The last Epoch of the church is the church in LAODICEANS .....
Here is what the angel says of this LAST CHURCH AGE.....which is the church in later days .... of the NOW
Revelation Chapter 3/verse 15
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot:I would thou wert cold or hot.
16/So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17/Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods,and have need of nothing;and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

“Laodicea means ‘the lovely tribe of the Lord’, or, ‘they were in vomiting’. For there were there both those to whom He said, I will spew thee out of My mouth, and those also to whom He said this, Whom I love, I rebuke and chasten.” (The Venerable Bede)

more here

Since Christianity began all was fine.....there was one Church with many branches.....ALL confessing to the ONE CHURCH.....no DIVISIONS of Christianity claiming to be the TRUTH.
Jesus Christ is not DIVIDED into MANY but is ONE as scripture says,He is the Head of the Church compromising of many members(many churches but in communion with each other)
Revalation is speaking of that ONE TRUE CHURCH........

1.8. Church unity is bound up inseparably with the Sacrament of the Eucharist, in which the faithful, partaking of the one Body of Christ, are really and truly joined in the one and catholic Body, in the mystery of Christ's love, in the transforming power of the Spirit. "Indeed, if 'we are all partakers of that one bread', then we all comprise one Body (1 Cor. 10:17), for Christ cannot be divided. That is why the Church is called the Body of Christ, while we are 'members in particular', according to the understanding of the apostle Paul (1 Cor. 12:27)" (St. Cyril of Alexandria).

Also the Church is described as a grapevine and its branches....

here

a) The image of the grapevine and its branches (John 15:1-8). I am the true vine and My Father is the Husbandman. Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away; and every branch that beareth fruit, He purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit... Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine, no more can ye, except ye abide in Me, I am the Vine, ye are the branches. He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit; for without Me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in Me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned... Herein is My Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be My disciples.

Sorry but in order to get to prophecy of OUR TIME, things need to be known what they mean....

Prophecy at any time can change.....according to the prayers of rightous people.....as it is known to have been the case with the Old Testament prophets.....(im sure someone else did mention this in a post)

Because people will continue to neither be good or bad, then Revelation will be revealed for all......
Revelation gives us SIGNS to watch out for.....
SIGNS

We also have Saints, prophets that have revealed prophecy of things to come....

Each prophet or Saint that has given prophecy will humbly accept no reward whatsoever.....and many times IT IS NOT KNOWN TILL AFTER THEIR passing away(reason being for unworthy in the eyes of God)......many prophecies have been written after their deaths(especially in the early centuries of Christodendom when paper was not easily or should I say, not at all available)

In matters of disasasters such as the 9/11 or New Orleans , the Tnunami and many others people will seek out God or ask questions WHY things like this happen.
Also in times like this, people seem to UNITE and be as one...
Now why does man need such misfortune, to COME TOGETHER and be
ONE ?...and then soon enough forgets about it.

Anyway,
The Bible was written for times like these......especially our time.

IX
helen

new topics

join