It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Closing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
what is goin on with closings of stations? im a bit concerned. anyone with any info about there areas stations, open closed or prices would be appriciated. plus it would be nice to know how many have no gas or little to none.

im in jersey and my father today was at gas station gettin 25 dollars of regular and at 12 dollars regular ran out at the gas station. they were sellin at 3.19.

anyone else have any news about this?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Gas stations running out here in the Southwest, USA. Can blame the blundering boob Bush for the lastest scare, when he said, "Don't buy gas unless you really need it."

WOT?! -rm mutters obscenities under his breath-

Well of course now every Joe, Schmoe and paluka is going to top off their ranks.

Stop topping off the tank, AAA, state officials warn

WOT?! -rm mutters obscenities under his breath even more-

As MC Hammer would say, "It's PANIC time!"
(traded in the hammer for an suv)

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think everyone panicked after seeing gas go up to $3 then hearing on the news it may go to $4 AND Bush telling us "dont buy gas if you dont need it"

Run on the bank.

Then there's those jerks who filled up gallons upon gallons of gas cans thinking they're gonna have backstock. Well I'm gonna laugh it up when gas goes down to $2.70 and they're stuck with the $3.29 stuff in the gas cans

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy
Then there's those jerks who filled up gallons upon gallons of gas cans thinking they're gonna have backstock. Well I'm gonna laugh it up when gas goes down to $2.70 and they're stuck with the $3.29 stuff in the gas cans

Unless those jerks filled up Sunday night at $2.65 / gallon in preparation for the pure idiocacy that will result from the ignorant responding to calls to not buy gas if you don't need to.

And if the price and supply do stabilize by winter then I have 15 gallons ready for my winter tools and toys.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Gas will proably not go down but just rise because the gas companies grossed 80 percent profit they know they are raping our wallets and will do so untill the oil runs out or we run on a different fuel type or we can't work to fund the rich peoples wallet. Then it will drop just so we can go back to work and line their wallets back out. That is my theory

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I was talking to a gas station attendant today around 11:30am e.s.t., I live in pittsburgh Pa or around.

I was asking them these questions.
Me: Hows the gas situation here? How are the tanks?
ATT: Well we got filled up last night but I donno.
Me: What do you mean??
ATT: Well I came in at 11am and all I have been doing is giving people gas. I have not had one oder for gas under 30 dollar. I have sold about $5,000 Dollars in gas in 30 minutes.
((No there isnt a line when I was there.))
Me: Well how much does the tanks hold in a normal situation? and how much do you tipically sell on a normal sat holiday weekend?
ATT: The tank hold a 30 day supply. On a tipical holiday weekend we only sell about half of this. maybe a tad less....
Me: So what you think about this??
ATT: I dont think we are going to have any gas past this week.

This was a conversation I had wit a person who work at a Sheetz Conveinance store..

It is interesting cause I know most of the people who work there.. This chick actually seemed scared of what is going to happen..

I have told my g/f to tell her boss to only let her on her work scedule IF SHE REALLY NEEDS TO BE THERE.. cause this isnt looking to well for anyone.

I have a question.. How many states/areas are saying they are out of gas now?

top topics

join