It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Global Warming Scare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

PODcast: The Global Warming Scare
Majic discusses the scare tactics used to promote Global Warming. NOTE: Does NOT address Global Warming itself, on which Majic remains agnostic.

length: 09:05
file: ats_globalwarming.mp3
size: 2134k
feed: ats.xml

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Great podcast. I had never really thought of global warming as one of the latest oppotunities for profiteering (which is probably why I'm not a millionaire).

On a more serious note. I remember reading an article back in the mid 90s in Top Gear Magazine (a motoring publication from the BBC in the UK) which was a rebuttal of or at least a good counter argument against the more popularly accepted envirmonmental beliefs.

For example, one quote I always remember is that a modern Porsche causes less pollution than two drops of petrol evaporating off a petrol station forecourt.

Don't ask me to provide the proof though until I find the article

I'll try an find this article and try a getting it posted here, or at least linked.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Of course, promoting ignorance is also big business. In my experience, when someone tells me to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, that's the first place I need to go...

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Majic I have to totally agree with you about control through fear. Also you are right to be suspicious of those who make you afraid. But then again, if you are afraid of getting lung cancer it doesn't mean that 'Nicorette' is spreading lies to sell gum.

On your pod cast you mention that multinational corporations manipulating the issues. Indeed big oil is funneling hundreds of millions into anti-global warming.
I know you are aware that I made a thread about it here, www.abovetopsecret.com...'
There I list many companies such as Exxon who are involved in this.

As for the science that says global warming is real. They are mostly funded by donations. I've yet to see a group funded by The Wind Turbine Company that make claims on Global Warming.
From my research I haven't found any bias in the warnings of global warming. But I've fond lots of disinformation on how global warming isn't real or how man has nothing to do with it.

The debate on global warming begins and ends in America. It is junk science that is creating the debate, and it is all paid by the rich and powerful that want to stay rich and powerful.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
and you can raise doubt about anything. OJ proved that, I'd say. As for global warming, I have read that 99% of those researchers who are studying it agree it is real. More convincing to me, I have looked at pictures of glaciers from near me in Canada, in Europe, and in both the Arctic and Antarctic, that are all dramatically smaller than they were 50 or even 20 years ago. Greenland is now seeing very dramatic changes in its climate, and its glaciers are shrinking fast.
If someone wants to try to pass the buck regarding what the cause is, and who is to blame, they will always be able to. Point at some other possible cause and build a case, and people will buy into it, cuz it shifts the blame off of their conscience. I think it is almost ludicrous to try to avoid the conclusion that the most obvious candidate by a country mile is... us. I want to say....."Well, Duhhh!" but I won't, since that would be immature of me.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Was Chicken Little Right?

In this podcast, I didn't address the question of Global Warming itself, which is unresolved, but the phenomenon of scaring people into believing Global Warming is an imminent threat, which is something that is very real.

Whether it is right to do so is a moral question. In my opinion, trying to scare people is not something the "good guys" do.

The demonstrable fact that powerful people stand to gain billions of dollars in new government-mandated business if the Global Warming Scare is written into law doesn't address the question of whether Global Warming is real or not.

But it certainly speaks to the question of why the scare is being pushed on the world.

Fear and reason are incompatible, and the global power elites know this better than anyone else.

My advice is to be mindful of this, and be cautious about playing into the hands of those who seek to rule the world by spreading fear.

[edit on 9/27/2005 by Majic]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
People can say it isn't warming all they want to but last year where I live the leaves were a full month late changing colors. And it has continued to be in the low 90s when we should already be wearing jackets this year. We used to freeze to death at the county fair every year, well not any more, a light jacket will do.

The other day there was a show on the science channel about weather control and how they can heat the ionosphere up and change weather patterns around the the world with this machine they call HAARP. Isn't it amazing what they can do now? We could have summer year around. Not to mention it extends the short wearing season for the babes as well

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
There is an apparent attempt to keep the masses in fear, and thereby make them easier to control. The fear of the global warming is a good one to enhance and emphasize. I do not fear it, though I do see it as a very clear and ominous indicator of what is to come, which I see as an inevitable crash due to mass overconsumption globally. Dead deserts and empty seas, and 7 billion hungry people looking for a meal. The web has a site called exit mundi I think, which lists around 40 possible ways that humanity could be snuffed out. Global warming leads to one of them, so if we solve that one, we only have 39 or so more to fix. Though, of course, some are just beyond our reach, like any type of dramatic solar event. We would have no hope of preventing that, and it is hard to say whether we could even protect ourselves from it either. I read that similar stars to our sun increased in brightness up to seven times brighter, for short periods, a week or so. If that happens here, I would expect that few of us would be able to avoid being killed. But maybe some would, in deep mine shafts, etc. or submarines, or maybe it would just be a week where you had to stay indoors, I don't know. But I do know that it is heating up...... around here anyway. In the last twenty years it has been quite noticeable.

new topics

top topics

join