It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to clone Einstein?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Could the goverment clone Einstein?If they could, wouldn't they be able to make thousands of Einsteins? He's is Arguably the smartest man who ever lived..and you would think it would make the USA virtually unstoppable then... wouldn't it?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Assuming if human cloning is possible, I'd say it wouldn't matter who you cloned.

Most people turn out the way they are because of their upbringing; not because their lives, interests and intelligence are predetermined. You could clone someone who after an accident ended up in a vegatative state and did nothing with their lives; yet the clone could live to be the greatest ever comedian.

It's more than just cloning, you'd have to reproduce the exact same circumstances Albert Einstein lived through throughout his entire life.

Plus of moral and ethical ramifications, but that's hazy and I won't bother going there.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Didn't Einstein use a higher percentage of his brain then normal people?His interests and his personality would be from his upbringing but wouldn't his brain capacity be more genetic?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I think I remember reading somewere is brain weight more lol.

Cloning him probabley wouldn't do much. Xar is right upbringing does have alot todo with it, im sure many potentially smart people have ended up running completly different lives just because of other influences.

Imagine going back in time and bringing him back though? he'd have alot of information to catch up on, im sure einstein would be quite taken back when he hears we've been to the moon, have computers the size of cell phones, we have cellphones, then when he hears about 80's rock, he's jsut gunna flip. Could be dangerous

Vorta

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Vorta]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I don't think we will get an answer on this one until we have a few thousand clones running around. We need to create and observe human clones to see what the results would be.

Every time humans make any advancement in science we get the silly religious folks crying that we are playing God and it should all be banned.
If there ever was a God that created Man, and Man was created to be curious and explore his existence, isn't cloning just an extention of knowledge that God wanted us to have.

I think we should lose the God crap and just get on with stem cell research and cloning and all the rest that science has to offer.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
is there a viable sample of DNA from einstien availiable ????

i know his brain was preserved - but doubt that DNA would have survived the fixing / preservation process

even if you create an einstien clone , or army therof - as others have pointed out each one would be a " blank slate "

the only advantage that the clone would give you is assured POTENTIAL , there is no assurance you can nurture this potential or direct it to your ends

one humourous posibility is that the " einstien army " would become bogged down in petty infignting and rivalries , and actually achieve little

YRS - APE

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
You know...many test tube babies have come from Nobel Prize winners, etc. and statistically, they aren't the geniuses they come from (no more than normal odds of high intelligence). I'd imagine Einstein's ideas came more from his natural curiousity, and those around him growing up, encouragement, and just odd circumstances that sparked ideas.

You can't replicate that in a petri dish...no matter how hard one tries...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
NO, what would we do with him... We should just let him sleep, it's always for the best to quit on the top...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yes i think it is possible to clone Einstein or Einsteins..but it wont be the same ol'Einstein
in ways of thinking,personality ..etc it all depends on the environment.
"The best scientific evidence to date indicates that roughly half the variance among us is accounted for by genetics and the rest by environment.It is impossible to duplicate the near-infinite number of permutations that come into play during the development of each individual ,so cloning is no threat to unique personhood."

[Actually this is one of the plus points of cloning for people opposing it..
The above quoted lines are from my thread on Cloning - For or against.
www.abovetopsecret.com... - Do express your views there]
Thanks

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Rael and other organizations are trying to clone people, some say for medical purposes, some say to improve human life. But of course you would think the government and corporations who run this country would also be interested in them to use the genetic makeup of people who have already become leaders, to preserve the bloodline. Not just people like Einstein, but US presidents and other unusual, high up officials who are needed. Personally that is why I am hoping they are not that successful with it, because I am hoping that the bloodlines of some presidents and government officials, who are often descended from royalty, die out, so that hopefully a different breed of leaders comes about. Currently the younger generations are often indigo children, who tend to be more childlike and don't put people down in the same way as the older generation. Just imagine if the White House and HOuse of Representatives were filled with a bunch of aging Eminem's (the early 30's generation has similar stature and childlike features as his). Then they would be more childlike and have less of an aura of authority about them, and would probably do things differently. Right now the leaders might have trouble passing the qualities they prefer down to their children. Take a look at Chelsea Clinton, she doesn't look presidential. Or Prince William. A while ago when the prince was younger the tabloids were poking fun at the 'royal wee', as if to say, 'is this really a prince? How did this one get sired?' These people wouldn't have the personality to lead in the same way as their parents, they might be easier to put down. Not only are a lot of children indigos, but also some think we are 'losing maleness', that the y chromosome is diminishing and may disappear, which might really change the political climate.

www.geocities.com...

AS it is, when the generations of indigos start to lead the country, it might be that very few if any would really have the skill to enter secret societies like the skull and bones, or if they do, maybe they wouldn't be as adept, so that they would run things differently. But the race to clone may then preserve these genes, which I think may be better off lost (things may not run as well, but people won't be as corrupt). If certain genes of theirs are lost, they might lose the expertise to run the country as well, but then maybe they would have to restructure things. But also, the childlike appearance of indigos might not just be due to genes, but also to pollution, as some say, so possibly they won't be able to prevent the loss of this expertise. Then the world would be filled with a bunch of 'aged children', less corrupt, but less smoothly run.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
You know...many test tube babies have come from Nobel Prize winners, etc. and statistically, they aren't the geniuses they come from (no more than normal odds of high intelligence). I'd imagine Einstein's ideas came more from his natural curiousity, and those around him growing up, encouragement, and just odd circumstances that sparked ideas.

You can't replicate that in a petri dish...no matter how hard one tries...

There is actually a book called "The Genius Factory" by David Plotz which is all about the Nobel Prize sperm bank styarted by Robert K. Graham and William Shockley.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Nature only takes you so far. Nuture dominates your life the moment you are born, changing and altering every single little aspect of you as much or as little as it can. You wouldn't get Einstein, and you certainly wouldn't if you told him to just prove something.

For the record, his brain was light. He did have extra cells that cleaned his brain of dead matter, so his brain was super clean.

Cleanliness is next to physical geniousness!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Einstein? I' take a group of Bohrs or Fermis over him. Einstein was merely a thinker not a tinker. In this day and age, engineers are what the US needs, evident as to why so many engineering jobs are outsourced to India.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
In this day and age, engineers are what the US needs, evident as to why so many engineering jobs are outsourced to India.

I have seen the stats that show how the US is lacking in engineering and science graduates, but not all the engineering jobs outsourced to India because they can't find competent US engineers! Many jobs are outsourced because it's CHEAPER and the corporate greed monsters see how much they can save by paying someone in India 1/10th of what they pay the same position in the US.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
why would you want to ? this guy is to blame for SOOOOOOOOOOOO much of todays proplems....After all he knew that his atomic research was not going to be used for good. Did he forget to used that extra brain space on that one ?

[edit on 6-9-2005 by helium3]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well as it has been posted, a clone would not be "Einstein" as we know him ... but still biological potential for genius. If as in that story, we could clone large numbers of such gifted individuals and give them a rigorous and stimulating environment ... there is a very good chance that such genius would thrive ...

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Some questions about cloning. One thing to think about is, if one person is the clone of another, they will not have the same natal astrology chart. Some say a persons physiological features are related to their astrology chart. So even if they were a clone, it may not turn out the same. After all, identical twins have almost the same astrology chart, maybe only a few seconds apart.

Another problem is the feelings of the child who is a clone. If someone 'conceived' in someone's office, as someone who was badly needed to get a job done, the actual parents who have to take care of the baby might not have the same love as if it were just for themselves. This might hurt the baby. It makes me think of the 'Frankenstein' story of a man-made human, that it didn't turn out because it wasn't made with love, not to mention the fact that the person might feel themselves to be some kind of freak. I found a story of an attempt by Rael to make a baby clone and it didn't turn out that well. It looks like it might already have problems being in a family.

www.cnn.com...

At any rate, a child might be very upset if it finds out that it was made this way, children can be very sensitive to this sort of thing.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Its interesting to see the responses so slanted toward nuture over nature, which is really the core of what you are asking. Since so many have taken the nuture side, I'll argue the opposite, plus this is actually what I think.

Lets say we clone Barry Sanders or Emmett Smith. Now I will concede that if they were brought up where sports were not a part of their life, then obviously they wouldn't become the best running backs ever. However, that potential is there, and people typically gravitate to where their strengths lie. They are superior athletes, and would excel at any quick burst sport they decided to partake in I'm sure.

I personally feel the same thing is true for intelligence. God (or randomness) has started you off at a fixed point, and nuture can either enchance that or detract from that. I don't agree that nuture can do that much either way though. Einstein would excel in any theoretical studies he would naturally gravitate toward.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
we'd be better off cloning Tesla

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thecry

The short answer is no... yes you could clone a physical copy but without the cultural and educational experiences that the real Einstein had you would just have the physical copy... cloning only reproduces the body not the individual mind, spirit or intellect... all that is part and parcel of the times, places and advantages (or not) and the whole cultural environment that the person in question had including teachers, lovers, parents, morals learnt etc.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by grover]

<<   2 >>

join