It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somthing big is going on,

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It's so obvious now that the media is covering up so much. They are saying even after the explosions in the city that things are getting better! LMAO! OK! WTF! How could things possibly be getting better and how could the media be so nieve as to be bribed to say this?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
hey everyone, its my first post....

i do agree that more coverage should be shown. but i dont think they should show rape or uncovered dead bodies.

what i think should be covered is the aid work, to prove that the government is doing their job!

it is however frustrating that there are news helicopters flying over this disaster zone, watching single people stranded and not helping them (where it is clearly possible) This was pointed out by the mayor of NO.

it is probably impossible to make happen, but there should just be one news coverage from an independant source (certainly not government provided) and the rest of the news crews/resources should help the people effected.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I watched cnn for the first time in months last night. They were showing some coverage, none was live however. They also had ads for a special airing soon about people who went above and beyond to recue and help others.

Maybe it's a weather control conspiracy. We set up the tsunami, and this hurricane was their revenge! What's next?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It is kind of hard to report out of a virtual Atlantis.

I don't think it's BS when they say the water isn't safe. That's a no-brainer.

I do wonder, though, what will become of the refugees. How exactly does homeowners' insurance work, anyway? Your house gets leveled, you get a new one? (We rent an apartment.) If that's the case, some may have to wait it out until they can get another place to live.

What about the people that evacuated? They have only a little more than those who couldn't or wouldn't get out--like a car and a few more changes of clothes.

Some refugees may find relatives to go to--same with the evacuees.

These people's jobs are gone, though, and they have no home to return to. My big question is, what are they going to do?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Where is all the home video coverage? lots of people have camcorders!!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by proveit101
Where is all the home video coverage? lots of people have camcorders!!

I saw alot of home video footage when the water was flooding in at first in NO. i guess after then noone could recharge their cam corders or batteries had been damaged or washed away.

Originally posted by Amethyst
It is kind of hard to report out of a virtual Atlantis.

Very true. but there was a highway leading out of a flooded area and the marines/national guard are blocking it. i guess this is a good way to stop 'tourist looters' but you can still let reporters and necessary personnel in... such as the canadians
and ofcourse there is air transport that we have already seen

there was a decent amount of coverage on tonight for anyone in britain who could see tonight with trevor macdonald. it showed that some stores are opening and selling non-perishable goods. the point they were making however (and this is on a news program) was that the releif aid from the american gov sucks at the moment. they also pointed out the severe lack of safe water, only a small ammount available from these stores.

things should get a bit better when the airlines bring supplies in

[edit on 2/9/05 by schwindyboo]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst

I
I do wonder, though, what will become of the refugees. How exactly does homeowners' insurance work, anyway? Your house gets leveled, you get a new one?

you have to pay extra for flood ins...and most will not cover a home in a flood area.I think we should send all the illegals from Mexico back and give the refugees there homes and jobs

[edit on 2-9-2005 by deadcatsrule]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Definitions of orleans on the Web
a city on the Loire river in north central France; site of the siege of Orleans by the English (1428-1429)
a long siege by the English was relieved by Joan of Arc in 1429

[edit on 2-9-2005 by magnito_student]

six

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimstradamus
The government has turned its head on the New Orleans problem for decades and Bush cut the funding to rebuild the levee system but obviously nobody planned for the innevitable and i think the worst is yet to come..that water isnt going anywhere by itself..that bowl of stew has to be drained..I cant imagine why the talk of rebuilding when they wouldnt flip the bill to rebuild the levee system in the first place..to quote my fave band "New Orleans is sinkin man and i dont wanna swim"-Tragically Hip

Hello all..Long time watcher..First time posting..So please forgive any errors. Could it be that the lack of electrcityand generators..Not to mention the fact that more than half the city is under water contribute to the lack of live feeds? Also the lawlessness. Reporters are being told not to even show that they have bottled water. They are even shooting at,and wounding, those that are there to help them. No wonder there is a lack of live feeds. Jim..New Orleans did this to themselves. For years they ignored the warnings that the dike system was woefully inadequate. The mere fact that they even built the dike system contributed heavily to the severe impact that the storm had. It is not the feds duty to pay for the dike system. It is at the local and state level that the officials should be held responsible.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yea, what Six said!! No I was gonna say I am not surprised with lack of live feed. I was watching FoxNews today and there was a reporter saying he and his crew made a B-line for that fire by the hotels because police and firefighters were sure to be there. Police were there, holding their rifles. Firefighters showed up, but had no water pressure to put out the fires. Reporter interviewed a guy on a bike who was looking for his fam. When asked about protection, he brandished a knife, saying he needed it to "protect his bike". While interviewing the guy, a gunshot was heard in the background and 3 armed police were running to the direction of the shot. So that's probably why there is a lack live coverage.

I suppose they could be covering up, but like others said, do you really want to see the guys shooting at rescuers, rapin others and dead bodies floating by?

I also keep reading stuff like it will take weeks to drain NO. I'm reading other stuff that says 6 months to drain NO, and that's optimistic. I guess they feel they have to raise hope somehow.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I guess placing blame doesnt help anyone now but the fact is everyone knew it was just a matter of time and now we act shocked that it happened like there were no tell tale signs.If im not mistaken Bush cut the funding for the levees to send more to Iraq.I hope the international news shows the world how little the American Government cares for its citizens and the American people dont forget when it's time to vote.Which brings up the question of how can a democracy only have two candidates to vote for.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If you want to get technical, we do have more than 2 candidates to vote for, it's just that there are 2 major candidates and a bunch of "who cares" types of candidates and it is way to easy to corrupt and buy elections in this country, but that's going off-topic.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Theres a video of cops looting , i repeat cops, looting at a walmart. Not for supplies, not for survival, for shoes. If I'm allowed to post the link I will.

If I recall correctly, the Dutch offered to help Luisiana update their dyke/levee system several years ago. And we all know they're the masters at that. They've had very few problems with theirs and they live right at the front door to possibly the roughest sea in the world. I don't know why we turned down their offering, but in my opinion, this would not have happene if the Dykes and Levees were updated with modern engineering; not just earthen mounds.

As for the violence and rape... I would like the point out a social problem. Why is it that when something like this happens (take the brownouts in NY etc.), its an every man for himself type situation. Is it impossible for people to come together and say, "lets get through this"? I blame lack of education... just listen to the cops in the video if I post it.

This country's response to the situation is downright sickening. I'm guess bush will "Think about this long and hard, every day. And continue to think about it"

Now YOU tell me whats "good".

3 things cause violence:
Lack of education
The want of material things (including land)
institutionalized belief systems

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
From Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...

Port Fourchon is a small community on the southern tip of Lafourche Parish, Louisiana, on the Gulf of Mexico.
[...]
In an odd twist of fate, FX Networks broadcasted on June 7, 2005 the mockumentary Oil Storm, which first depicted a fictional Category 4 hurricane named "Julia" hitting Port Fourchon in September of 2005. The port was severely crippled leading to the events that occured later.

At least it's been gameplanned. You can find "Oil Storm" through file sharing.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucidvisions
Is it just me or is there a death of live coverage coming from New Orleans and the surrounding area?

Maybe it's ghoulish, but I've been surfing furiously for more live footage from New Orleans. There's precious little to be seen. The majority of what I'm seeing (local, cable news, CNN, MSNBC, etc) is either talking heads or the same clips from rescue choppers over and over again. I haven't seen much video from say, the Superdome, or even the streets. Is it just me? Am I missing it? Or has most of the TV news corp retreated to safe distance (in another state)? Or are the images too scary for prime time?

I've watched MSNBC the last couple of day til the wee hours of morning and they have had the best coverage of all the networks. They have been to the toughest spots in town where there are the dead and the dying, and giving the victims a chance to tell their story. Their reporters have also been very critical of the "relief efforts" and after the way the reporters of MSNBC bashed the "relief efforts" last night, I noticed that they have toned it way down and stopped showing as much live footage also, but just a few minutes ago they interviewed a girl who said the troops entered the Convention Center and started shooting people on the spot and she was able to run out.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadcatsrule

I think we should send all the illegals from Mexico back and give the refugees there homes and jobs

[edit on 2-9-2005 by deadcatsrule]

I agree 100%. Gravy train's over, illegals! Go mooch somewheres else!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
sorry guys:

i posted this on the official Katrina thread:

the plan is to get rid of New Orleans.

they have been slowly doing it already with its natural sea defences in the Gulf of Mexico.

nothing else can explain the slow response. they wanted to delay as long as possible so that people would "hate their own city" and turn their back on it.

and you should KNOW who broke the leeves.

the city was a burden on the economy and now it is perfect excuse for THEM to start over. Move the people out and relocate them in other states.

the plan is this:

in a few years the whole site will be turned into one huge military facility.

---

[edit on 2-9-2005 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
That's an interesting way to look at it. Doesn't sound to far off to me, great way to protect all the oil industry in the region. Very strategic location for a massive naval and air base. Do you have anything to back up your statements mr. conspiracy?

One think that I would like to ask is, if all these reports of large groups of blackhawks being manufactured and delivered are true, where are they? They could have been instituted into humanitarian aide but were not.

Even these Chinook helicopters would have been huge in relief efforts but I never saw a single one.

I just don't understand why we can spend so much on our military budget in the intent to do harm. Then when we need them in our own country they are nowhere to be found.
Somebody back me up here

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucidvisions
Most of the days coverage today was totally compiled of "clips"... No major live coverage..Thats my big worry..

I suggest you get a camera a go do better, maybe you'll find the ultimate conspiracy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join