It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Spending Half A Billion Dollars a Day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I hate to say it folks, but I think we need an investigation into the Levee Failure considering all that has taken place in the last few years. There have been reports of massive explosions. Inquiring minds want to know.

Unreal FEMA... Just unreal man. You people were in NYC Sept. 10th for crying out loud, you knew this storm was comming, and FEMA itself listed the flooding of NO as one the three top disaster scenarios facing this country, in other words you guys were well informed of the danger.

Send food, not soldiers. Hell send soldiers with food.

Playing Golf and Playing Guitar today George? You can't chuck some Beanie Weenies out of the back of a truck for a couple minutes for a photo-op to let people know you aren't a complete bafoon? OMFG.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
On the news right now someone is hiding the gov of Louisiana. And what about FEMA?They didn't know what was going on about the evacuees?

Maybe some of this money should go for communications? Don't these ppl know what is going on?

Sorry about all the rhetorical questions, but I can't believe this level of ignorance in this day and age of digital comms.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Even More Outrageous news Comming In...

www.cnn.com...

She said hotel staff encouraged guests to loot a nearby store for food, so that's what Dewey and her boyfriend did.

"I had Power Bars, I had nuts because there were a couple (hotel) rooms open, and we raided their mini bars," Dewey said.

That day, police went door-to-door to order local residents out of the hotel and to the New Orleans Convention Center, Dewey said.

The handful of managers left at the hotel told guests they had booked 10 buses for $25,000 to evacuate them and those from the Crowne Plaza Astor Downtown. Each passenger paid $45. The hotel staff began lining up elderly and ill people outside about 7:30 p.m.

"I couldn't count how many wheelchairs you saw," Dewey said.

The guests waited until 9:30 p.m. when a manager told them the buses were confiscated by the military.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
On the news right now someone is hiding the gov of Louisiana.

I'm not seeing that anywhere. Can you expand?

Misfit

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
A few years ago I heard of a vigilante survivors group in our area.

NOW I understand why they exist.

They are heavily armed, have provisions to hold them for at least a year and they have been planning
and organizing for years.

Many are active and retired military and police veterans and they know that FEMA will not care for us.

I understand now and I will be making plans to protect my own family.

On 911, there was a traffic jam of black SUV's and limos on Route 601 heading into
Mt. Weather.
There was not one official word telling the citizens of the Washington D.C. area what they should do.
WE were essentially under attack, but WE THE PEOPLE did not matter.

FEMA has failed the survivors of New Orleans

The president is scheduled for a "promotional tour" and the billions he speaks of,
will go to restore the refineries while the citizens live in shelters and tents or fend for themselves.

The oil companies had record profits over the last two years, but the taxpayers will fund
the repairs to their equipment.

Anyone who ever doubted Iraq as a corporate oil grab, should be paying very close attention.

Be prepared

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
On the news right now someone is hiding the gov of Louisiana.

Can you remember where you saw this being reported? I'd be interested in reading that one myself.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The levees were built by the corps for Cat 3 storms. HK was Cat4-5 that flooded the lake above the city then pushed that water south onto the city. The city's leveeboard only patrols it,keeps it clean operates the pumps. Plans were underway to improve these levees but funding has been cut off to pay H in Iraq.
Forget national news, too inaccurate with details but the pictures let you see a small glimpse of what they want you to see. The video is not always in sync with the words spoken and often missleading. Stories of civil unrest abound but can you trust them. (Yes looting and some shooting is going on). Drugs were getting worse, no or little relief from the DEA. Now all these gun toating junkies are drying out and trying to get their fixes. nough-said.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Here's another little number to rattle around in your brain for a moment as we watch people being forced to leave their homes often at gunpoint and through checkpoints with drug sniffing dogs.
How much money is the Federal Government going to give the Evacuees? Do you think we could spare maybe two or three hundred thousand bucks for EACH FAMILY?

Why do I ask?

This is why...

bellaciao.org...
The government is compensating settlers through a complex formula that takes into account such issues as home size, number of family members and amount of time residing in the settlement. Compensation usually amounts to $200,000-$300,000 per family.
"Settlers, who were encouraged by the Israeli government to move to settlements, are entitled to compensation," says Sarit Michaeli, spokesman for B’Tselem, the independent Israeli information centre for human rights in the occupied territories.

Israel has negotiated a $2.2 billion dollar gift from the Bush administration to pay the Israeli settlers.

Offer a cot and some rations, maybe a job to American Victims of a National Tragedy, right after we paid 300,000 bucks a family to relocate an illegal settlement half away around the world?
Pardon my Goyist French here, but Man you want to talk about some #ed up priorities.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted by FredT
1) 500 million a day for such a large operation is really within the norm if you are factoring in the collective expence of the whole operation.

Fred...I still think that 1/2 billion dollars a DAY is absoluting astronomical. The US is the only nation on Earth, that when push comes to shove, can spend huge somes of cash on doing something when it doesn't actually have the money in the first place. (just takes on more debt)

You realise that this woudl work out to be 182.5 Billion/year...more than the War in Iraq? Jesus......

There are floods/fires/eartquakes every year across the world over larger areas (see Europe this year) with smaller casualty figures, better managed and costs are fractional compared to what the US is spending..

$1/2 billion......

[edit on 6/9/05 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
What expenses though fred, that's my point. Those weasels didn't even have a can of Beanie Weenies to bring to NO to show for their money. They completely relied on and merely coordinated the effort and resources of other organizations. Half a billion a day on what? Overhead? What exactly has that money been buying? It sure as hell wasn't spent on Emergency Management, and it if was, that is some high dollar coordination.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join