It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Good To Report... Finally.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Finally something good out of the wake of Katrina....

One happy ending in a sea of loss
Family reunites with lost father

SLIDELL, Louisiana (CNN) -- Amid unfathomable loss and deplorable conditions, there was at least one bright moment in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

Consider the story of the Marcussen family.

On Wednesday, a tearful Ashley Marcussen clutched a framed photo and described her desperate search for her husband, Jason.

He was found later after wandering in the woods, lost and confused, sometimes in water up to his neck.

Jason Marcussen stayed behind at the couple's mobile home to search for a lost cat as his family evacuated. He got caught by the storm.

www.cnn.com...

"As soon as day broke, I was on a bicycle until night time trying to find my family," he said.

The storm had so changed the landscape he got lost.

"I was just doing the best I could and I couldn't find it," he said.

Although the family is homeless and 10 trees sit on top of their mobile home, they are grateful.

That's great, daddy's home, Ashley Marcussen said.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thank you, elevatedone. I recently moved from Slidell to Tx so this whole thing is very personal to me. I am glad to hear that admid the destruction in St. Tammany Parish, there arises good news. Thanks for the report.

I have been in contact with a few friends who evaced but once they go back, there is no way to communicate with them. Six to eight weeks until electricity is back on, most places without water. Some places still underwater. Alot of work ahead, but these people are up to the task at hand.

I have posted links to pictures in the video & Pic section.

new topics

join