It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changes coming to the PODcast feature on ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
First, thanks to everyone contributing for an amazing first few days. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that this new idea would be so readily adopted with such amazing quality work. And just as exciting as the quality of your submissions is the fact that we received 27 member submissions in just five days.

During my research and preparations for this new ATS feature (trust me, lengthy), I've listened to a great many podcasts out there and one thing is very clear, you've started something special. What you're doing right here, right now is like nothing else out there.

So with that in mind, there are some changes coming to the PODcast feature that will greatly enhance the overall experience for members and listeners.

First, PODthreads: We'll be adding a way for members to reply to a PODcast, with a PODcast, and organize the replies into a structured RSS feed that functions just like discussion threads on ATS. Top PODthreads will be displayed on the main forum pages, with links to the specific RSS feeds.

Second, Member Feeds: Each member with more than one PODcast submission (that isn't a reply in a PODthread) will receive a unique RSS feed for their PODcasts on PODcast page, and on the site main page.

Third, PODcast Comments: Soon, when you create a new PODcast, a discussion board thread will automatically be created for members to post their comments. A link to the thread will appear next to your PODcast submission listed on the PODcast page, and included in as the comments link in the PODcast RSS feed.

These changes will take a few days to complete, but will really set ATS, BTS, PTS, and ATSNN PODcasting apart from anything else on the Internet.

Solid work people.

(And if you haven't heard any of the PODcasts yet... what the #%^$# are you waiting for?)

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
oh this is going to be increadably cool!

I can see this taking off in the hugest way......

join