It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

York Rite and its "sub-groups" (I don't know the real term, sorry)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Okay. The York Rite consists of the Royal Arch Masons, the Cryptic Masons, and the Knights Templar.

When you join the York Rite, do you start with the Royal Arch and then continue to the Cryptic Masons, and the the Knights Templar? I guess what I am asking is, are these three parts to a series that are done in a certain order?

Or are they all separate? Can you join all of them if they are? (I would assume so)

Also, is memership in the York Rite by invitation only, or can you petition to join? Is it difficult to join this or the Scottish Rite (i.e. is it somewhat exclusive?) I already understand that you must be a Master Mason in good standing.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
You start with the Chapter. which is the Mark Master thru to the Royal Arch. The next step if you wish to take it is the Council of Royal and Select Masters. Some states, but not all include the Super Ecellet Master. Next Step is the Commandry with its Orders. The Commandry finish up with the Knight Templar Order. There are other groups who fall under the York Rite, but you have to be invited to join them. I belong to a few of these and they tend to be older masons that served the craft for years and they being invited is a way to honor them.

From the Chapter to the Commandry all you have to do is submit your pertition and be a Master Mason. I asure you that you will be very welcomed.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by lost in the midwest]

new topics

join