It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cirrhosis? Other liver diseases....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I'll admit I been ill alot, couple months ago I became very ill, had my gull bladder taken out, liver enzimes were very wacky and I was jaundice. They found no stones but I had to have my gull bladder out the old way instead of sucking it out of me they had to open me up because of massive bleeding, unknown to doc so he had to see what was going on. Found scaring on my liver which proves liver damage, and was told the way some of my tissues were showed a possible long term liver damage.

Now I'll admit I am just generally a social drinker which after doing research found you don't have to be an excess drinker to get cirrhosis. But anyway my point is are they any good medical sites out there where I can read up on cirrhosis without it scarying me. Most of the ones I read already have me worried and I don't want to be upset for something that if diagnose with I can still live with. hope you understand.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I'm not sure what you're asking.

Are you looking for sites without the more serious (but perhaps more accurate) information?

Have you had your physician explain exactly what's going on?

It's really not a question that is easily answered here, sorry

Sometimes cirrhosis patients have completely normal lifespans - it's really something you've got to talk about with your doctor.

Good luck, and take care

join