It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting Taller

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm does anyone know how to help out all the shorties out there get taller?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
There are pills and such to help you get taller, but there are symptoms and problems. I suggest you don't take'em. Do you just wanna get tall cz your insecure about your height?

[edit on 25-8-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Nah I'm not really short. The pills are frauds though :S

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
As far as I know the only help for the short people of the world, of which I am one, is an extremely painful surgery to have your legs lengthened.

They break you legs and keep the bones pulled apart so that when the new bone forms, it fills in the empty space. OUCH!

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Painful and long procedure!

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm not sure how to get taller really... I guess you could use one of those torture things and stretch yourself out, though I highly doubt that'll help you any. I've been 6'2 since 7th grade, so I've never had to worry about it.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Striker122
Painful and long procedure!

Oh yeah. I think it takes almost a year and you have to stay in a wheelchair for the whole time. You have to turn the pins at least once a day, so your bones don't heal up.
is right!

It used to just be for the 'little people' or whatever term we use now, but there are actually 'regular sized' people who pay good money for this. :shk:

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Hmmm *ponders bone breaking* hmmmm

Nah........

I wouldnt mind being taller either, but that just isnt worth it. :shk:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Swimming makes you grow taller, as does playing basketball. But I think you have to be under 21 or so for it to work. A good balanced diet can only help.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Your parents are responsible for your height, I'm afraid

Exercise and diet can make your bones stronger and improve your posture, but nothing of this nature will actually make you taller than your genetics already dictate.

There are hormonal treatments available for those who are truly vertically-challenged, but these are not without their risks; there are also numerous "alternative" therapies which don't seem to have much evidence to back up their claims, and might actually be prime examples of scams.

I'm 5ft tall....and the only time my height really bothers me is when I'm stuck behind a "hat" or "hair-do" in the cinema.

And then I just mutter under my breath

Much as I hate platitudes and the like, it really is a case of "be happy with watcha got".

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Your parents are responsible for your height, I'm afraid

Tinkleflower is right, and there is a way to calculate your adult height (when your over 21 or so). Just take your dads hight plus your moms height divide by 2. Thats your height if your a girl, if your a guy, its the same forumla just add 3 inches after you have averaged your parents heights. This is usualy about 95% accurate to about an inch of your final height.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm sorry beyondSciFi but that doesn't work for me. My parents are 5 foot 8.5 and 5 foot 10.5 and using that method my final adult height would be 6 foot and half an inch. However, I am (at 15) already 6 foot 3 . I do do heaps of swimming, though.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I forget wazzits called.... HGH maybe. Human Growth Hormone. Its made in the pituiary gland. I think they manufacture it nowadays. you might even be able to get a NEW one inserted in your head or something, but that would # you up even more.. I wouldn't try it . Chances are its MORE dangerous than succesful. another thingy could be hypnotherapy.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuzeyThey break you legs and keep the bones pulled apart so that when the new bone forms, it fills in the empty space. OUCH!

That is scary, and totally possible. Check it out: Now THIS is dedication

Each to their own i guess.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The best comeback for when someone calls you "short".

You say "I'm compensating. " Lol hilarious. If get it. Only works if your a guy though, well actually you could say it if your a girl but... I mean its obvious if your a girl but... oh never mind! still though good joke. I use it occasionally.

new topics

top topics

join