It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travel theory and a thought about John Titor.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Right i have no links here, this is more just a thought than anything else so i'd open it up to you all.

I read a theory that the reason we dont see time travellers from the future meddling with the past much is that nature or the space time continuum or whatever has a natural defence mechanism to prevent tampering with time.

Basically it goes like this: i want to kill my parents before im born thus killing myself. Nature would somehow prevent me from carrying out my task. Say my parents are haveing a meal at a resturant, i go there to kill them, but nature alters the fabric of space time and my parents decide to go to the cinema instead, i go to the cinema and their car has broken down getting there. I track them down, the gun jams, i pick up a knife and a cop drives past and i get shot... do you see what i mean. The above is only a loose idea but you get the picture. Nature will alter time subtly to prevent time paradoxs from occurring due to the damage it would cause even if it meant altering the future because from the time period id be in the future has not yet been set.

My theory is that John Titor has come back in time to educate us or warn us about the world wide problems we face. But time/nature being as it is has alter the space time continum wich means his future will now not exist. he has messed with the future and nature has stepped in and now the path we are on is different to John Titors future. hence no civil war in US.

The above is JUST an idea i got after readiong the forum. Over to you.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
My theory is that John Titor has come back in time to educate us or warn us about the world wide problems we face. But time/nature being as it is has alter the space time continum wich means his future will now not exist. he has messed with the future and nature has stepped in and now the path we are on is different to John Titors future. hence no civil war in US.

JT is a hoax. He has been debunked over and over all over the web.

He also made several claims that the start of this year alone would begin with each month getting worse leading up to a civil war and that has not happened.

Enough said

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by rustiswordz

JT is a hoax. He has been debunked over and over all over the web.

He also made several claims that the start of this year alone would begin with each month getting worse leading up to a civil war and that has not happened.

Enough said

i never said he was real all i said was a theory saying how it wont happen. i dont give a **** if its real or not OK.

(jeeze talk of short fuse)

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
There are no paradox's in Time Travel and this is why:

Multi-Universe Theory dictates that the multiple choices and all of its outcomes are all instantaneously real (in one 'universe' your parents go to the cinema's, in another they go on a drive to the beach... both are valid choices and both choices have an entire universe because of it). JT's example (whether or not he was real) of the application of time travel is actually a very good example of this (this isnt his exact words but its the same model):

Time traveler lives on timeline-A and departs it for the past at point (1). He arrives at a previous point along timeline-A (point 2) instantly creating a separate but very similar timeline we will call timetine-B (his very presense where he was not at previously makes a whole separate timeline - both converge at point 2). If he were to go forward along timeline-B he would not arrive at his own time period but the correlating period of timeline-B. To get back, he would have to go back along timeline-B to a point before point 2 (both timelines have the exact history prior to point 2) then go forward along timeline-A without creating a timeline-B.

The inherant time travel defenses against paradox's has to do with the fact (or theory) that ALL possible outcomes of any given event have thier own timeline, Just touching a timeline that is not our own creates an entirely different timeline (one where we came from and one where we touched a different spot along it creating a new one). Timelines are therefore not only a web of infinite possibilies at any given moment, but a branch upon ALL infinite possibilities in total.

In other words, if you went back in time and killed your parents, both timelines would exist - ie one where your parent were killed by a time traveler and one where they werent killed by one but gave birth to one.

[edit on 22-8-2005 by Master Wu]

top topics

join