It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cow Arrested In Colombia And Put In Jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
A cow was arrested in Colombia and put in jail after she was blamed for causing a road accident. Until they figure out who owns the poor cow she will have to stay behind bars with water and grass.

Photo: Scanpix

Ananova: Cow jailed in Colombia

A cow has been put in prison after it was blamed for a road accident in Colombia.

The cow was wandering along a road in Giron when was hit by a woman on a motorcycle.

The woman was not badly hurt but police decided the cow was a danger and 'arrested' it.

A police spokesman said: "If it was a person who caused the accident, he or she would be behind bars, so why not a cow?"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is not fair, free the cow now! It´s not the cows fault that the woman hit her with her motorcycle. I think in fact this cow should receive some kind of compensation for this.

[edit on 2005/8/20 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Ha ha, I read about this in the paper today....I can just imagine the poor confused thing, wondering why it's behind bars after being rammed by a heavy piece of metal. Is there really any point in putting an animal in jail? Perhaps monkeys would get some sense of the reason, but not a Cow...surely

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The cow should be all right....I've always heard that there is plenty of good grass available in jail

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
New police chief wanted... This is the kind of publicity that forces premiers to appoint new police chiefs.

Free the cow..

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
That's just evil! That cow deserves to be free to roam and get eaten by carnivores!

The things some cops do...

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
You know... it is this black and white discrimination against cows that sends the message that it is OK to tolerate this kind of abuse. I bet the cow didn't even have a chance to be heard and explain itself. I guess it is indicative of how far things have gone in our society that they can incarcerate a poor animal and convict it of who knows despite little or no proof that it did anything wrong.

Things like this really get my goat...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nikelbee

I just found out! The cow is alive and well and has been plotting his escape.
He is collecting methane and when the cylinder is full he plans to rocket over the fence to freedom!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This is Priceless!!! Whats next?

I'm all for treating animals equally but this is ridiculous!

[edit on 14-7-2008 by silverking]

[edit on 14-7-2008 by silverking]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Oh great! Now the humans are blaming the lower species for their accidents. Where is the justice here? I think some people are not being responsible enough to admit that walking by feet is better than being a danger while behind the wheel or bars.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Man, after reading about twenty really depressing threads here on ATS, this is simply hilarilous! Glad my fate worked out for this to be the last one in the tabs I opened up this evening. I wonder if this cow will be 'initiated' in the usual manner for new cellmates... I'm sure the cow will survive, though; the aliens are always sticking them with anal probes, so they're used to that kind of abuse. On the other hand, perhaps the cellmates will have a barbecue for dinner tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I don't know how it works down in Colombia, but here in Pennsylvania the pedestrian always has the right-of-way.

Arrest the biker lady for a hit and run, not the poor cow.

Or better yet... FRY the cow. Give it the death penalty and send me the hamburgers!

new topics

top topics

join