It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-72 Darkbird

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

how long was the blackbird flying about before the official unveiling? i believe there are a couple of interesting satellite photos that seem to show the 'doughnut on a rope' contrail from the unique propulsion system it uses?? i think its called a pulse detonation engine although im not sure about that bit!!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Neilc1972

how long was the blackbird flying about before the official unveiling?

No time at all, the SR-71 was announced in July 1964 and flew in December of that year, even the A-12 had only been flying since 1962. The idea that it was in service for many years before anyone knew it existed is a myth, the SR-71 was known about before it even flew.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by waynos]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Neilc1972

That really holds no relevance to project unveiling. The SR-71 was unveiled before it even flew as Waynos has stated.

There is a very good chance that if the Aurora ever existed at all, it will never be de-classified.

Remember, they don't have to tell us about what doesn't exist.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intelgurl

Thanks for the info...I may be fairly new to posting here but I have read enough of your posts Intel to know your straight up...thnx...I STAND CORRECTED

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The TRB-3 is a seperate Space/Air -Cloakable weapons platform can exceed mach 50 and carry 40 Neutron Bombs. Some versions are of Superluminouse capability the 600 foot long TR#- a ( astra ) is one such craft all under USAPs Unacknoledged Special Access Projects . Fleets of
Disc craft also inhabit the skys these would be Lockheed X22A 2 man antigravity flying disks. The Nautilus a secret military Space Craft make twice weekly trip to a secret Space station witch has been there for the last 30 years. people we are far eyond anything you have seen in Star wars or star trek we the pulbic only get the table srcaps of technology

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
In my opinion, the idea of "Black Manta" is more out of realm than Aurora, mainly because of it's description comparison to the B-2. I've never heard Aurora under the designation TR-3B or A, only SR-75, and sometimes B-3.

Kinda makes me wonder what happened to the DL-500, or whatever it was called, I can't recall what it was...I'll have to see if I can find it to refresh my member. The idea was that it was a hi-speed attack/strike aircraft designed to run on the PDWE system, I have heard comparisons between that craft and Aurora many times as well, but as said, I don't know what the designation was or the like...maybe will go have a look back and see if I can find out what it was actually called.

Edit:
It was the CL-400, code named Suntan...not sure about it. Thought it too sounded too far fetched.

It also looks like another story is that it was a mach 2.5 aircraft deisnged to replace the U-2...but I've never heard of the CL designation.......at all.
Was said ideally to have been the early version of the SR-71 in 1959...but I can't see this as accurate.

[edit on 2.8.2008 by Shugo]

[edit on 2.8.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

CL is an internal designation of the design. The U-2 was the CL-282, the C-5 is the GL-500-13-7, etc. The company designation is usually nothing close to the military designation.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djdoubt03
Defense News
June 11, 2007
Pg. 3

An SR-72?

Lockheed Martin's New Mach-6 Spy Plane

By Vago Muradian

Ten years after the U.S. Air Force retired the SR-71 spy plane, Lockheed Martin's legendary Skunk Works appears back at work developing a new Mach-6 reconnaissance plane, sources said.

The Air Force has awarded Lockheed's Advanced Development Projects arm a top-secret contract to develop a stealthy 4,000-mph plane capable of flying to altitudes of about 100,000 feet, with transcontinental range. The plan is to debut the craft around 2020.

The new jet--being referred to by some as the SR-72--is likely to be unmanned and, while intended for reconnaissance, it could eventually trade its sensors for weapons.

The Air Force is working on several programs to improve its global intelligence-gathering. Satellites offer global coverage, but the ones with the highest resolution operate on largely predictable orbits, and many countries have mastered the art of hiding from them. Moreover, China's successful anti-satellite missile test in January hinted that U.S. satellites might become vulnerable.

The new aircraft would offer a combination of speed, altitude and stealth that could make it virtually impervious to ground-based missiles, sources said. Even the SR-71 is said to have evaded hundreds of missiles fired at it during its long career, although some aircraft sustained minor damage.

But experts say enormous challenges remain. First, the SR-71's top speed was about 2,200 mph. Pushing a plane at twice the speed in the thin air of the upper stratosphere would require exceptionally powerful engines. Second, friction at high speeds could reduce stealth.

"An aircraft with these characteristics could prove a potent response to anti-satellite weapons," said Loren Thompson of the Lexington Institute. "If U.S. reconnaissance satellites were lost, an SR-72 could get to areas of interest quickly and provide persistent surveillance in place of the satellite."

And don't bother asking the Air Force or Skunk Works execs about their work. Neither is commenting and Skunk Works is skipping next week's Paris Air Show.

"As a matter of policy, we don't talk about classified programs--whether or not they exist," said Lockheed's Tom Jurkowsky.

Wow I posted this a long time ago, any one ever hear of anything coming out of this?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djdoubt03
Defense News
June 11, 2007
Pg. 3

An SR-72?

Lockheed Martin's New Mach-6 Spy Plane

By Vago Muradian

Ten years after the U.S. Air Force retired the SR-71 spy plane, Lockheed Martin's legendary Skunk Works...

Wow I posted this a long time ago, any one ever hear of anything coming out of this?

Yes, it's called the "Blackswift", more in this link: SR-72 Confirmed: Mach 6 Project Blackswift

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I don't know if there really is an SR-72, it sounds interesting though. Yeah never know though. There is a really cool picture of the SR-71 on google images, google 'SR-71'. I'm referring to the second result.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join