It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-72 Darkbird

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I'm thinking fake, I'm 99% sure its a hoax...but i'll post it here to find out.

ok, Is the SR-72 Darkbird for real, it sounds a little corny since its one digit up from SR-71, and instead of black its dark...but still, after all there was a SR-75 and 74...so ya never know.

While looking through different sites for various things, this one talked about the SR-72, and it has a 'note' below it that talks about it, The note (apparently) was from a SR-72 pilot basically convincing a senator to vote against a certian bill.

This site is apparently a scale model rocket selling site, called apogee Components. It says "The SR-72 was designed by a CIA front company called Apogee Components".

You should read it, its not boring, I promise.

The top (of the site) basically is selling there scaled rocket powered model of it, so scroll down a little to get to the story.

SR-72 Darkbird

[edit on 19-8-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I'm not sure if its called the SR-72 but here's the a whole fleet of Road runner jets. These I think were based at Area 51 during the cold war. They look a bit like the picture you posted above though they are very real.

Very impressive planes...

~Peace
~

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
EDIT: Damn, double post.

[edit on 19/8/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
looky, looky I found some more pics....

Roadrunners Internationale

Welcome to the Dreamland Resort

Very interesting stuff. I hope you find it as interesting as I have. I was also shocked to find out that the US was planning on selling some of the super sonic and secret planes to Iran.

~Peace
~

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
no no no, those are pictures of the SR-71 Blackbird or A-12, I'm talking about the SR-72 darkbird.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yeah, it sounds a bit fake...

Nice that you still posted it...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I would have to go with fake. The SR-72 designation was used, I believe, for a later version of the SR-71 so would be surprised that the same designation would be used again, even if the project name that followed it is Darkbird.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
no no no, those are pictures of the SR-71 Blackbird or A-12, I'm talking about the SR-72 darkbird.

Yeah they're the A-12's.

Those were the high speed jets used by the CIA during the cold war. I highly doubt the SR-72 existed though. Its more likely the person who owns the website has mixed a little fact with fiction.

Makes for an interesting read

~Peace
~

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Makes for an interesting read

I agree with that.

Specialy when he talks about an alien ufo shooting a projectile and destroying an F-4 Phantom, and then another. He makes it sound like were at war with some alien race. I definatly has that sci-fi feal to it.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have never heard anything about an SR72. Don't some people theorize the Aurora could be the SR75 or something??

This is my favorite SR71 picture from www.habu.org

[edit on 19-8-2005 by warpboost]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Don't some people theorize the Aurora could be the SR75 or something??

I dont thinks so.?

Aurora is often confused as being a single Aircraft...but it fact its an ongoing project. and the First Aircraft to be produced in this project was the SR-75 Penatrator, and the next was its piggyback aircraft called the SR-74 scramp. The 75 is an amazing aircraft, it can go around mach 7 with its latest upgrades (its original top speed was around mach 5), and if it has scramp on its back, scramp can detatch at hypersonic speeds at around 120,000ft, which then it ignites its scramjet engine to bring it up to mach 15, and then once it gets as high as it can go it releases its payload, which is Highly classified CIA satellites.

The SR-75 is over twice as fast as the SR-71, it can be anywhere in the world in 3 hours. the 75 and 74 were both created by skunkworks. The SR-75 became operational back in 89', and is still highly classified today.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am sure that Aurora is an ongoing project, but didn't the Aurora name orginate from a line item in the budget they included by accident or something? Has anyone ever confirmed that there is an aircraft called Aurora?

Where did you find the info on the SR74 & 75??

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost
I am sure that Aurora is an ongoing project, but didn't the Aurora name orginate from a line item in the budget they included by accident or something? Has anyone ever confirmed that there is an aircraft called Aurora?

Where did you find the info on the SR74 & 75??

yes

no

The SR-75 is talked about around 3/4 of the way down.
seekers.100megs6.com...

This one is also interesting, it states that aliens have bases here, and a large mining machine on the dark side of the moon, and that the aliens said that they created homo sapiens (us), and they created all the different kinds of religion, it says a lot of cool info.
www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
My first impression is that the site was probably created as a joke by someone. It just has too much in common with the Blackbird. Look at the cut back chine that doesn't extend all the way to the nose of the aircraft. I can't help it, but it is very simular the the YF-12 versoin of the Blackbird. IMHO, someone probably made the image in Photoshop using the airbrush to morph some of the origional features of the plan.

Tim

[edit on 23-8-2005 by ghost]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The SR-75 is over twice as fast as the SR-71, it can be anywhere in the world in 3 hours. the 75 and 74 were both created by skunkworks. The SR-75 became operational back in 89', and is still highly classified today.

just curious as how it is you know this info is fact

i have read your previous posts on black aircraft and you do know your "stuff" but were do you get your facts from or is it pure speculation
sorri in advance if it sounds cheeky but i am genuinely iontrested

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well, as many of you may be curious as to where alot of us get our information on Black Projects, we get our information from as many legit sources as we can possibly find, because they are black projects, there is no way to confirm any information we have on them, all information on highly classified information is not solid, it's just impossible to garauntee the existence of black aircraft, we can only hope.

On the subject of the SR-72, to me it does sound fake, I've never previously heard or even dreamed of an SR-72. However that doesn't excuse the fact that it can be real, but to me it just sounds fake.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It's a model rocket, nothing more

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
It's a model rocket, nothing more

probably...but at least it has a cool fairytale story behind it.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

We know, but we're just providing the closest rock-solid-real thing to it.

Great pic, warpboost
!

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Defense News
June 11, 2007
Pg. 3

An SR-72?

Lockheed Martin's New Mach-6 Spy Plane

By Vago Muradian

Ten years after the U.S. Air Force retired the SR-71 spy plane, Lockheed Martin's legendary Skunk Works appears back at work developing a new Mach-6 reconnaissance plane, sources said.

The Air Force has awarded Lockheed's Advanced Development Projects arm a top-secret contract to develop a stealthy 4,000-mph plane capable of flying to altitudes of about 100,000 feet, with transcontinental range. The plan is to debut the craft around 2020.

The new jet--being referred to by some as the SR-72--is likely to be unmanned and, while intended for reconnaissance, it could eventually trade its sensors for weapons.

The Air Force is working on several programs to improve its global intelligence-gathering. Satellites offer global coverage, but the ones with the highest resolution operate on largely predictable orbits, and many countries have mastered the art of hiding from them. Moreover, China's successful anti-satellite missile test in January hinted that U.S. satellites might become vulnerable.

The new aircraft would offer a combination of speed, altitude and stealth that could make it virtually impervious to ground-based missiles, sources said. Even the SR-71 is said to have evaded hundreds of missiles fired at it during its long career, although some aircraft sustained minor damage.

But experts say enormous challenges remain. First, the SR-71's top speed was about 2,200 mph. Pushing a plane at twice the speed in the thin air of the upper stratosphere would require exceptionally powerful engines. Second, friction at high speeds could reduce stealth.

"An aircraft with these characteristics could prove a potent response to anti-satellite weapons," said Loren Thompson of the Lexington Institute. "If U.S. reconnaissance satellites were lost, an SR-72 could get to areas of interest quickly and provide persistent surveillance in place of the satellite."

And don't bother asking the Air Force or Skunk Works execs about their work. Neither is commenting and Skunk Works is skipping next week's Paris Air Show.

"As a matter of policy, we don't talk about classified programs--whether or not they exist," said Lockheed's Tom Jurkowsky.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join