It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brain pressure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
As my average day goes buy my brain seems to have a pressure put upon it as the day progresses. This feeling doesn't hurt, but it does interfere with my brain processing. This has been happening day by day for about three years now. After I graduated from college I kind of had an 1/4 life crisis and took a bunch of sleeping pills and alcohol one night and I experienced lost time. (a day) The feeling seems to have greatened since then. I am highly phychic when I allow myself to be. (I am kinda scared of my abilities) Is the pressure I am experiencing a direct link to alcoholism, or something else... I drink a tall boy of miller light and a 40oz of olde english every night to help me sleep. I'm down to a 1/2 of my forty tonight as I write. Obviously I don't get to drunk because I can complete full sentences, but it does help with the pressure thing...opinions? I have posted other threads not entirely directed towards this if anyone cares to research. I am a picese with a very old soul (i'm 25), and though I struggle with day to day conversation, (I hate small talk) I can write well...

[edit on 18-8-2005 by eyeballkid]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I know this is an odd story... truth is stranger than fiction... does this belong in another thread?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Son, see a doctor as soon as you can. Tell him about your drinking too.

Pressure in the cranium needs to be addressed now.

Might be nothing but go see a physician.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'll agree with whaaa. I recommend seeing a doctor to rule out possible problems you may be having. I don't hear anyone else feeling pressure on their head unless something may be causing it. Your post reminds me of a movie called Phenomenon where a guy developed great psychic powers but then he discovered he had a tumor. Hopefully it's nothing serious and just some migraine pressure but I am not a doctor and I don't know. Are you looking for a particular answer here by posting this instead of just seeing a doctor?

Disclaimer: Your life is in your own hands and I am not claiming to have knowledge of any medical use.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Analogy:
For example, supposed you make a really hard fist. Than you would release either slowly or suddenly...which ever works. as you release your fist and opening the hand, there is a sense of relaxation and release...

---

...Well the analogy here is that imaging that your brain is like this really hard fist. What you need to do is find a way to release and relax the pressure from the brain...

Take a time out for yourself where you wont be disturbed for a while. Close your eyes and take few breaths in through the nose, and breath out through the mouth. Than attempt to release and relax (slowly or which ever speed works for you) the area of the head/brain which has the pressure points...

You may have to do this exercise a few more time.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Gets worse as the day progresses - bet on CDH - chronic daily headache - quite common - go see a GP (tell them your drinking Hx) and get a referral to a neurologist - they'll set up a meeting for the time of day your headache is worst - then they'll do a lumbar puncture and see how many inches of mercury your cerebro-spinal fluid will pull above normal - most unpleasant I assure you - they may drain a little fluid - you will find that if your intracranial pressure was elevated that your headache will be gone instantly - serious cases can involve tapping a pressure sensitive bolt and diaphram into the back of the skull to alleviate the pressure. Many cases are helped by healthy lifestyle changes and attention to electrolytic balance - sometimes diuretics, anti-inflammatories and analgesics help.
Now here's a curve ball - low intracranial pressure has identical symptomology - honkin' headache - that gets worse as you "dry" out - again lifestyle changes and electrolytic balance and a wild range of scary phamacology is available to your practioner.
They'll check your CSF for infection and abnormal protein content and granular casts.
Now if your CSF and its' pressure all check out OK - your into migraine territory - powerful vaso-dilators and vaso-constrictors are used and can help - they can also make you quite dead in seconds. My favorite for enduring migraine relief is good old Imitrex 5 ml IM - shoot it in your hip at $245.00 CDN per dose (only sold in lots of 2 doses) upon onset of aura or pain or the gaseous inhaler form - almost as expensive - quicker acting but without the duration of effect in the injectable form. I've never found any ingestable per oral drug effective quick enough to reverse a migraine once started - the gut is just too slow. The cheapest most effective are the anal suppositories - figures.
Go see an MD. Might just be minor. Best of luck.
I hope you have health insurance cuz these diags are wailin' expensive and drug therapies ain't cheap either.

[edit on 19-8-2005 by highgroundsys0p]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This seems more a medical question than a paranormal one.
Moving to Health & Wellness

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'm still here, still drinking, still got brain pressure every day. I am 26 now. Never saw a doctor. What does anyone think now?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Honestly?

That you still need to see a doc to be given a proper physical and that you need to be careful with the alcohol consumption.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Yeah..honesty, I only drink 2-3 beers and a forty every night just to sleep. (I have scolosis, hurts like hell!)

new topics

top topics

join