It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

core temperature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hello, does anyone have any information or recordings of the highest body core tempature ever recorded at room tempature.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
dependes on the age of the person .As children can with stand a higher temp without diening. But the highest temp was recorded by nationalgeographice some tibetion Monks clamed to be able to melt the snow around there bodys .
So geo sent a science team there hooked up temp gages to the monks
then the monks did there trance thing. And low and behold there temps reached 119% F .
now this is sop to be impossible as a normal man will start going into convolutions at around 106 and die at 107 -107.5
a child on the other hand can with stand temps tpo 107 befor going into convoltions and will die around 108.9.
On the other hand the monks could have easly raised there temps to 119 as LONG as the head (the brain) doesent have that temp your fine.
the body itself can with stand MUCH higher temps then even 119 without killing you . Its the brain thats senstive to temp changes .
anything below 86 or above 106 is near death for the brain.
But let me assure you your hands and feet get much colder down to 34% without frost bite .
heres a neat expairment if you live in a coldre zone take a LONG as hot as you can stand shower stay in an hour and half
you can run around out side at -20% and NOT feal a bite cold for about half an hour. The reasion for this is because high temps bring your blood to the surfice of your skin . and ovesly all that hot blood keeps youinslated for a time.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
thanks for the reply, I've been testing pieces of 10x10cm meat and how long it takes for them to catch fire under a certian tempature

i will test 47 C

[edit on 19-8-2005 by fill0000]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by fill0000
thanks for the reply, I've been testing pieces of 10x10cm meat and how long it takes for them to catch fire under a certian tempature

i will test 47 C

[edit on 19-8-2005 by fill0000]

How extremely odd! lol Are you researching spontaneous combustion by chance?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I'd be wary of running around outside when it's -20....

You can actually get frostbite within minutes if the wind chill is high, even when base temps are above freezing..whether or not you feel cold is a different matter, as that relies more upon individual perception than actual physiological reaction.

Ah, I miss my non-sub-zero English climate sometimes

Frostbite info - some images are a little graphic, view with discretion

I'd love to see the results of this experiment though - very intriguing!

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

How extremely odd! lol Are you researching spontaneous combustion by chance

hehe, yes i'm just seeing if core tempature could be a possible reason for this... i don't feel there has been enough research on this!

I'd love to see the results of this experiment though - very intriguing!

i'll be releasing all results soon as i've finished my investigation
thanks for showing interest

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I don't think you'll find much, but that's a great step you're taking. I don't know of any thought put in that directionly not a terrible idea. I'd really like to see what you find.

top topics

join