It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutor Says Taft Will Be Charged with Four Misdemeanors (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Gov. Robert Taft has just been indicted by a Grand Jury. This is a first in Ohio history. Fox Toledo News was the first to report this at 2:58pm. If charged, Taft could face a fine of $1,000 and six months in jail.

www.wtol.com
COLUMBUS (AP) -- Gov. Bob Taft, under investigation for not reporting numerous golf outings as required by law, will be charged with four criminal misdemeanors, a prosecutor said Wednesday. Taft, a Republican and member of a distinguished U.S. political family, would be the first Ohio governor to be charged with a crime.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Ok I know the link isn't him being indicted but could be, but as I said it just happened at 2:58pm, well, was reported at 2:58pm. I did google and this is what I found. With Tom Noe, Matthew Damschroder, Walden O'Dell, Brian Hicks, and almost every other Republican State Government Official either being investigated or already punished from Coin Gate and Diebold Gate more legal woes hit the Republicans in Columbus. A Press COnference will be held at 3:30pm live.

Related News Links:
www.foxtoledo.com
www.commonblog.com

[edit on 17-8-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I just saw that to, during Judge Joe Brown. I didn't even know there was anything going on. I see you linked to the Fox 36 website, strange they reported it but don't have it on their website yet.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Right now Live is Bob Taft's lawyer doing a press conference after Bob was indicted. Basically tap dancing that would make Michael Flatly proud. Going on about golf, dinners, clothes, and other "gifts" he "forgot" to disclose.

join