It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing Psychic Abilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I've taken a few of the tests online for esp and clairvoyance and I don't consistently score above chance. Does this mean that I will never be any good and am screwed if I want to develope psychic abilities? Or can you develope your abilities from the start? Does one have to have a "gift" to be able to develope skills, or can anyone do it with enough practice?

[edit on 16-8-2005 by DaTerminator]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I guess the answer to that depends on what you believe the source of paranormal abilities are. Many people believe that everybody possesses these abilities - that they are a natural element. Furthermore, many people believe that everybody can develop these powers - strengthening them and refining them with constant practice.

For myself, I am right there with you on board the USS WeHaveNoFunkyAbilities. I think, however, that if these abilities are genuine and are possessed by some people, then all people have the potential to develop them. We are all essentially the same, physiologically speaking. Perhaps you should ask someone like Alexander Tau, whose knowledge in these areas is undisputed and far greater than mine.

P.S. I dibs being captain of the USS WeHaveNoFunkyAbilities. If you'd like, you can be my capable yet dangerously ambitious First Mate.

[edit on 16/8/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I would have to fall into the "Mind is capable of greater things than we know or can harness" catagory, thinking that anyone can develop these abilities.

You may be very crappy if you try to develop 1000 different abilities at once, so i would concentrate very hard on one that you feel you already have the most ability/interest towards.

I would compare it to other abilities like singing, drawing, running, etc. Everyone can sing, draw, and run for the most part, but some people are not that good. And there are very few people who can do these things very well, even fewer that can do all three very well. People tend to think that all psychic faculties are one thing, and if you can do one, you can do all of them. It simply isnt true for the most part. So pick one that you seem to have the most potential in, and develop it =). Another way they are similar to other normal skills is that it takes practice and dedication. You won't make it to the Top 10 list if you don't practice singing every day, and maybe even need professional training to be the best. Same goes for this sort of stuff.

Have you ever seen some of those people do those amazing tricks with like spinning pens, coins, crazy stuff with poker chips, etc etc etc? I have watched the videos and read the lessons, and tried so hard.. but I can't get any of them to work. This doesn't mean that I don't believe people can have awesome-crazy co-ordination, and think that the videos are fake :\.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Check out this site terminator, it should help you learn psychic abilities..

home.xtra.co.nz...

[edit on 16-8-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I wouldn't link to a Wingmakers site for someone who is skeptical that these things even exist. While there is lots of good info there, there is a lot of misinformation and bad information as well.

Plus those people think they are extraterrestrials/that they can talk to them

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
When you take a test for esp you are screwed from the get go. The mind is concerned of passing the test. If you want to develop psychic abilities you must feel and know your awareness of psychic abilities. By being aware of your psychic mind, you will see how clairvoyance and esp works with you in the long run. You should know from childhood experiences to whatever age you are now if you have these abilities. lol sounds like jedi stuff........

The only practice that works for me is awareness. My Psychic abilities at one time in my life overwhelmed me to the point I would produce it in my music and call myself ForeTell the Psychic Guitarist lol
I even dipped into using special herbs to increase my abilities, which unfortunately turned out to be a dangerous life style. Those where the days lol... I would write up a tune in no time after a special feeling I had... Some songs where named after my psychic impressions.

If you want to hear a tune I did under the influence, check out Crystal Ballz.mp3
www.soundclick.com...
or
www.angelfire.com...

sometimes musicians feel compelled for their music to be heard lol

I'm tempted to my old ways because I want more. But I'm content to what I have naturally. There is nothing in it 4 me, by increasing psychic abilities.

Don't be fooled into these online test or misguided web sites that tell you how to develop psychic abilities... If you know you have the ability, you know it.. Best bet is too keep it to yourself and learn how to deal with it.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by XPhiles]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
How about from Ariande Tau?

I believe that most of the skills can be learned. The main problem is that most people close their minds. Even if they conciously want to learn, the subconcious is afraid of what it may learn and prevents opening up. By opening up we take on greater responsiblity. To quote Spiderman's Uncle Ben, "with great power comes great responsibility"

Empathy for example. When you start to feel what others are feeling it becomes your best interest to help fix their problems, to make everyone happy. Only when others around you are happy can you become completely happy.

If you are not completely ready to accept the responsibility for others well-being, even complete strangers, then the psychic abilities probably will not be available for you. Usually, in order to aquire abilities, you first have to look into yourself. Find out who you are and what makes you tick, etc. To hear the inner voice, or see through the inner eye (and all other cheesy phrases)
you have to learn to trust yourself. That isn't always the easiest thing to do. Trusting ones self is much harder than it sounds.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
I wouldn't link to a Wingmakers site for someone who is skeptical that these things even exist. While there is lots of good info there, there is a lot of misinformation and bad information as well.

Plus those people think they are extraterrestrials/that they can talk to them

hmmm, I've visited this site 2 years ago and actually believed it. What info is false on the site though??

top topics

join