It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Reports On Fresh Iraqi Prisoner Abuse Allegations. (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The BBC will be broadcasting a program today containing fresh allegations of prisoner abuse including prisoners being held down and urinated on by British troops. Suspicion is being raised about a policy of systematic abuse and torture by the army. This is just one of a dozen claims of abuse against the British army by Iraqis and the ministry of defence has said it had investigated 177 claims against the troops.

www.abc.net.au
Two brothers, Marhab and As'ad Zaaj-al-Saghir, alleged they were beaten with sticks and denied water and sleep after being arrested in Basra, southern Iraq, following the invasion.

One said a soldier urinated on his head.

"They lowered me down... while I was tied up, threw me on the floor and hit me with a stick," Marhab Zaaj-al-Saghir told the program.

"You couldn't draw breath afterwards and I lost consciousness.

"I thought they would throw water over us but he got his penis out and urinated on my head," said Zaaj-al-Saghir, alleging that he and his brother were held in an internment camp.

"If I'd had a weapon I'd have killed myself."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The report was made by two brothers and has not been made official with the story being a bit confused between the brothers. This broadcast comes fresh on the heels of seven soldiers being charged over the death of an Iraqi hotel receptionist in British custody.

Once again more allegations of abuse is becoming public, more and more atrocities committed not by the Iraqi's but by respected troops. To urinate on another person is the ultimate degradation and if true the troops really need a reality check and a history lesson.

This is not the formula provided in the book "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This is about the fourth time in four days a blank thread submission has occured that I have seen.

Wondering how and why this happens?

Thanks,
Dallas

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Its not a blank...try a refresh...

Or it is a blank and I am the only one that can see it....hmmm its a conspiracy

join