It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i don't know whether this is paranormal but....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i don't know whether this is actually paranormal but it was really weird. I was in my bathroom a few years ago. I had just washed my face but when i put the towel up to dry my face i found i could still see my bathroom through my closed eyes and the towel, i cud loook around with the towel still pressed to my face and saw my arm when i extended it. i took the towel away and tried again but it didn't work again.

It also happened once at church when i had been staring at the candals and closed my eyes but cud still see everything that was happening.

Its only ever happened these two times, and tho i've tried to make it happen a few times since it's never happened again since the time in the church.

Can anyone tell me what this is and how i can do it again?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
When you stared at the candles, did you see the entire church, or just the burn on your retinas caused by staring into the candles for too long? I assume you saw like the people in front of you etc etc when you closed your eyes still, so I dunno how to explain that one.

The only thing that I can relate it to is that when some people attempt to astral project, they say that they can see through their eyelids in the splitting process. When it happened in church were you really bored, and when it happened in the bathroom were you very tired? Fatigue can play some real freaky tricks on a person.

Are you sure that the towel was completely over your eyes, rather than just on your head or something. And in church, are you sure your eyes were completely closed, as opposed to just squinting very tight? When I am sitting in my room bored, or in front of the mirror for a long period of time, I tend to trance myself out and create illusions like this.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yeah, i noticed that i cud see things when i squinted but it isn'tthe same as wot happened because i'm certain my eyes were fully closed and that not only was the towel over my eyes, but my eyes were closed underneath it. thats what made it so amazing and makes me want to do it again.

i have been able to see while squinting very hard but know its not the same as its nowhere near as clear as what i saw when whatever it was happened

i could see the whole church, but admittedly i was pretty bored

i read about astral projection justnow and it appears i go into the trance state nearly every night, just lying awake thinking and den feelin heavy and wondering what was happenin before having a feeling of coming back....its hard to explain, i never knew it was anything speacial until today tho...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You might simply have a strong ability to visualize based on your memories. You see the room, you have a complete picture in your memory. When you close your eyes you recall the picture. Adding your arm to the visualization is easy because it is connected to you and you have even more memories of it. You simply edit it into the picture basically.

Sometimes when we are bored we do slip into various mental states that are a little different than the normal. What would show the difference between recall and perception would be if while in Church with your eyes closed, someone got up and walked across the room. If you saw them clearly then we would be talking about a form of extended senses. Those are certainly possible.

A.T
(-)

top topics

join