It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of Cryonics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hi,
So how feasible do you think this will be to achieve in the future.Obviously there are huge medical advances that need to be made to revive the deceased.

Apart from nanotechnology what else do you that needs to be created before these people can revived.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Seems they have a long way to go, if it is even possible at all. Freezing damages human cells. Its hard to unfreeze evenly so the flesh that thaws first can die before the person is jump started and begins pumping fresh blood and oxygen to that flesh.

I do find it interesting how this occurs naturally in many small animals, mainly insects. When I go visit my vacation cottage in the winter, I find flies laying all over the place "frozen" wherever they happened to be when it last got too cold, and as I put logs on the fire and warm the place up, they start reanimating at around 50 degrees and start flying around. (Which is why I break out the vacuum before the house warms up!) And this reanimation repeats over and over again on warmer days (until they run out of food and die from starvation).

I'd be concerned what happens to a person's soul while frozen. I have no idea how to answer that, but it makes a good topic for a movie.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hmm, interesting, maybe your soul goes to some kind of spiritural waiting room
lol.

Personally I dont know, I think cyogenics wont be persued eventually, since another technology will become available which will put the body in state of reanimation...

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
it is intresting in seeing if they can bring the dead back from suspended animation.I am actually also wondering about the psychological effects in terms of trying to assimilate back into society.

what happens to your will?Do they all of a sudden realease you from the clinic into the modern world without a dime in your pocket.

lot's to think about

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Ive once reported about cryonic technology. The technology is at hand now. I think three companies are offering cryonics. You must be legally dead, meaning your brain should be intact and functioning, your heart can be dead. If you are rich enough, you can be stored in a tank of liquid nitrogen(Whole body). If your not that rich, your head will be cut and stored in suspended animation. Ill get the full details. Thats it for a while.

Another thing.
In a cryonic storage. Your brain is only preserved and your DNA sample. reviving is a different subject. You will be cloned and your memory implant will be transported to your new body (like norton ghost :lol
ANd finally you will be given an electric shock for your heart to start up.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by Helpisnear]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The whole article is thereHere HEar

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
yeah i googled 2 of the comapies who do the preservation.Some racdial stuff there.I wonder if the notion of "downloading" your memories in the future with supercomputers will become more prevelant.

www.cryonics.org...
www.alcor.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Usually they cost around 20k to 30k us bucks.
Its a bit costly, especially you dont have the assurance of being brought back tolife again. Its like you are only stored as an artifact.
I think we just have to first legalize Cloning. ^^

new topics

top topics

join