It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members own music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
How many members here on ATS/BTS/PTS are involved with making music?

There are plenty of great writers and poets on here, but we don't have much of an outlet for the musical creativity of members.

So, if you're in a band, or sing, or you write your own songs, or perform/play/teach an instrument, then share it with everyone here!
Don't be shy - post a link or some info, it'd be great to see and hear what musical endeavors are partaken in by fellow members.

I'm in a band myself, which you can check out online via the links in my sig.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Paul]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Im in a few bands, I play bass, guitar, keyboard, perc and i sample stuff. i write my own music. but i dont write lyrics. I play metal, industrial and electronica.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I played saxiphone in my school syphony, but my instucter beat the living sh*t out of it, and then it wasn't fun anymore and now I'll probably never go back.
I also play guitar, and have written a lot of songs despite the fact that I have no band (although I really wish I did). Subject matter ranges from boredom and apathy to the meaning of life to life itself to anger. There's a lot of anger. I dunno, it's also a pretty good way to vent. :bnghd: Like punk rock kinda.

And it's pretty fun to play stuff that I wrote myself. I'd share some, but I don't know how to get them copyrighted. (help would be apriciated)

[edit on 8/15/05 by psychochick]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
my boyfriend and i are working on some stuff. you can listen to it here .. www.funeraldecadence.com...

tell me what you think.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
i wonder if theres a way to write music with people over the internet....... im sure there is, if anyone knows how please tell.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I am in a band we are called Brainspill we have already done 1 show are in the process of lining up a few more gigs, i am mainly the vocals but when it comes to practicing i play guitar. Our music is early Napalm Death we are also in the process of looking for another guitarist.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I play guitar and bass. Don't play in any "proper" bands, only the really bad school band.

Been playing about three years now.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by psychochick
And it's pretty fun to play stuff that I wrote myself. I'd share some, but I don't know how to get them copyrighted. (help would be apriciated)

[edit on 8/15/05 by psychochick]

I'm not sure exaclty if it works the same way in the USA, but here in the UK copyright exists automatically on intellectual property such as songs. All you have to do is be able to prove that it is yours, and when you composed it . The most simple way, which is used by artists and writers who do not yet have a publisher is to: -

Write down the lyrics, along with any musical notation, chord sequence etc and put it in an envelope, maybe with a tape recording of you performing it

Seal the envelope and get it date stamped across the seal. You can get this done at the post office.

Have the sealed envelope sent to your address either by standard mail, or to be extra sure, special or recorded delivery.

You will now have a sealed, dated, postmarked (verifying the date) package containing proof of when you composed your songs.

It is vitally important that you do not open this or break the seal, ever, unless you find yourself in a legal battle over the ownership of your songs. The time to open it is in front of the judge in such a case, who can witness you breaking the dated seal to reveal your songs, proving beyond any doubt that your songs are yours.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by Paul]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Its good to see that there are a few people making music on here

I will check out the links posted when I can find my headphones and retrieve them from wherever they're buried.

I am also quite active in making music, in a band based in the West Midlands, England.
We're getting quite busy now, hence my lack of recent activity on these boards. We're at the stage now where we are opening for signed charting bands (Morning Runner, Shout Out Louds, Babyshambles - which got cancelled:cryb
, and are begining to gain a bit of a following around the country which has prompted us to do our first ever UK tour!!
So keep your eyes and ears peeled for some Paisley Riot action near you

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
ive done sound engineering IT computer, "I make sound speak much more cooler then it was".

I did this in college, I stopped for a while now.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus187
i wonder if theres a way to write music with people over the internet....... im sure there is, if anyone knows how please tell.

This is tricky because all of the information is so bulky (no you can't use mp3s if you want anything worth a crap). Each contributing member would need their own rig with a common Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) ie: protools, cubase, etc. but should use the same for maximum ease.

Start a project, record person #1 contribution. Send the entire project folder w/ audio files to person #2. Person #2 record, send it to #3, etc. It would be mixed by one person...

You'd end up with all the wav/aiff files of each performance, with a common DAW file to sequence them.

The folder would be huge by the end.

About myself, I'm studying recording engineering in college, I play guitar, bass, and produce. I eat, sleep, and poo music

I'll put links up as soon as I have material online.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Question to all ATS/BTS/PTS members who is in a band rock band any band.

and what is your role in the Band.

[edit on 30-8-2005 by Interseptor]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Thread for ATS/BTS/PTS Guitar Players here www.belowtopsecret.com...
There is some info on me in the guitar thread.

Here is a link too some of my mp3 music...
www.angelfire.com...
It's mostly wacky experimental guitar stuff.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul
I'm in a band myself, which you can check out online via the links in my sig.

I wanted to go to one of your gigs before I moved away to my current location, I listened to a few of your tracks from your website a while ago and their pretty kick ass.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I was listening to some of your stuff on purevolume. You guys f'n rip.
keep up the good work. I like the flow of your music. Great riffs.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm playin in a southern rock/blues band "West Ella" also backin up on upright a blues guitar/singer and trying to develop a solo act singing/slide/dobro/ blues.

We play most weekends somewhere.

I would love to upload my solo stuff and get some feedback but I'm still a newbie on the computer.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I do a good amount of writing such as just essays on my thoughts, poems, some songs...I can play a few chords on an acoustic guitar, but my main interest is in writing lyrics, and I could probably sing alright if I tried hehe..

I would post them on here, but don't like the idea of my personal writings becoming public domain...will probably put them on my website when I get around to it

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
UK Wizard & Enthuziazm:

Thanks so much for your encouraging feedback guys! There should be some new professional sounding tunes soon, as we're recording with an 'industry guy' producer next month.

Yeah come along to a gig when you're back in the midlands, UK Wizard, it'll be the first time I get to buy a pint for a fellow ATS user!

top topics

join