It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK black outs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Parts of London and the southeast of England had major power cut yesterday (28/08/03)
One wonders if there's a connection to the black outs in the US!

BBC news

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What was HAARP doing then?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Umm seems strange!!
MAybe this is a test of some kind for all of us?

i say lets watch out to see if any other country's experience the same thing

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I remember hearing the UK power companies say that "the power cut in america could NEVER happen over here due to all of the safeguards in place"
Guess they were wrong huh!

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I dont think it had anything to do with HAARP this time, but it is a bit strange that it happened now (the day Tony Blair was giving evidence at the "Hutton Enquiry").

My Uncle lives in London and was stuck on one of the Underground trains when the power-cut happened, he was telling me that it did freek some of them out in the carriages, but they wasnt there too long.

blackwidow

[Edited on 29-8-2003 by blackwidow666]

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I think everyone stayed calm here due to the fact that we seen it in NewYork...We Didnt think Terrorist Attack
But had it not happened in New york first i think there may have been more panic....

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I don't think it would've caused panic full stop. We're used to terrorist attacks here. Although the IRA normally gave a warning!

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The night before the New York power cuts, About 50% of Southport (the city where i work) in NW UK experienced a massive power cut. Had to send about 400 people out of the cinema i work in. All the power was off, could actually see stars. It was kinda nice though. Went out to look around after the power went off, first thing i saw was a massive, bright orange shooting star.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Are you sure it was a shooting star????

how long was the power of for?

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Southport ain't a city

sorry mate but it ain't

I never heard about this black out on the local news. Mind you I don't watch it that much.

OT: You going to the Southport air show this weekend? (06/09)

top topics

join