It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter crashed into the baltic sea (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
A Copterline passenger helicopter has crashed into the baltic sea. The copter had 12 passengers and a two men crew, two of the passengers were from USA, four from Estonia, the rest of the passengers and the crew were Finnish.

news.bbc.co.uk
A helicopter with 14 people on board has crashed into the Baltic Sea near Naissaar island off the Estonian coast.
Rescue services said the crash was about 5km (three miles) from shore, near the capital, Tallinn.

Two pilots and 12 passengers were on board Copterline's Sikorsky 76 helicopter flying from Tallinn to the Finnish capital, Helsinki.

There are no details of casualties or why it crashed. The area has been stormy. A rescue mission is under way.

The passengers are reported to be six Finns, four Estonians and two US citizens. The two crew were Finnish.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a very unfortunate accident. This was the first crash for the comppany. The pilots involved were very experienced. But i do feel that private copter comppanies should have more sense on what kind of wheater they fly in.

Related News Links:
www.yle.fi

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
yes, 14 dead, 2 americans, and 8 finns and the rest were from Estonia... It's a pitty, Cos' they have no idea how it happended...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I posted this over at BTS before I noticed this thread. They have not ruled out terrorism as a possible cause of accident, but the helicopter was not supposed to fly as it was in fact grounded. It should be able to float, but it didn`t. My BTS-thread is over here in case you`re interested: 14 Killed When Helicopter Crashed Near Estonia

BBC: Divers at Baltic air crash scene

There has been severe weather in the Baltic region in recent days but the interior ministry said it was not too bad at the time of the crash.

A pilot boat skipper told Estonia's Kanal2 television that he heard two bangs before seeing the helicopter nose-dive into the sea.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 2005/8/11 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yes, but the police says that it had nothing to do with terrorism... And if that would be the case, the losses weren't big enough for a "real terrorist attack..."

top topics

join