It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Suspects It Received False Iraq Arms Tips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
U.S. Suspects It Received False Iraq Arms Tips

WASHINGTON � Frustrated at the failure to find Saddam Hussein's suspected stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, U.S. and allied intelligence agencies have launched a major effort to determine if they were victims of bogus Iraqi defectors who planted disinformation to mislead the West before the war...

So it seems that the Bu#es didn't know jack #. All this ironclad proof they offered up before the war or that they claimed to have had has all turned out to be bogus. It's no surprise to me. What is a surprise however is that he isn't facing impeachment for his actions.

There has not been one bit of goodness to come from this administration, but people still blindly support him. Why? What exactly has he done? Is our employment rate any better? The economy any better? What have we really accomplish in Iraq other then make it a terrorist cesspool.

Every person in the Middle East that has a bone to pick with America has a chance to take it out on American soldiers. Plus, have you ever wondered why we have such a high non-combat death rate?

How much more liquid crap has to flow from the mouth of Bush and his cronies before people realize; He is not here to make things better, he doesn't care about your kids or this country and that everything Bush and his little buddies get there grubby little hands on goes to hell...

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
let me ask you a couple questions....

do you believe saddam never had them?

if you do believe he did do you believe he destroyed them?

if you do then where is the proof or witnesses?

while i'm not defending bush i think some people are jumping the gun here.

saddam OPENLY declared his stockpiles to the UN 12 years ago. (per UN resolution order)

he was also to get rid of them. noone knows if he did as he wouldnt let inspectors do their job as lined out in the FIRST resolution made after the gulf war.

when asked for proof AFTER claiming he got rid of them he bascially gave the us the finger and said he didnt owe us any proof. well the UN said he did. and he didnt. so why would a guy who got rid of his chemical and biological weapons not offer proof he destroyed them? it would only serve to make him look innocent, make the US look bad and absolve him of anything suspected of him. but did he do this? no! so his actions are not of a innocent man but one who has something to hide.

i think you're expecting troops to find that which has been hidden in an area the size of texas. takes a little more than a few months to find such things. it'll probably take years. provided they werent whisked away to some other country friendly enough to him to house them for him (syria comes to mind). he had time and no supervision to have moved them out of his own country to who knows where. rather than saying "i know he doesnt have them, bush is just a cowboy" you might want to consider he actually moved them which is entirely possible.

since you have ZERO proof they were destroyed you cant say they dont exist. since i have zero proof that that are there then we have to think of other possiblities which i have listed above this paragraph.

i dont agree with the way this whole situation has been played out but i wont dismiss the possibility that something else might have happened to those weapons. but i certainly will not assume or say he doesnt have them just to bash a politician.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It really doesn't matter what I think. The Bush administration claimed to have PROOF of his WMD programs and they claimed to KNOW where they were.

Then it turned out to be a maybe...

Now, it's hardly ever mentioned in comparison to the start-up of the war. Just like the Bin Laden thing, remember him?

Since when have I claimed that Saddam was innocent? What I am saying is that all this proof, proof, proof, proof, proof, that the Bushies claimed to have turned out to be nothing but a bunch of crap.

So, I ask again, what have we areally accomplished in Iraq? Other than allowing factories suspected of having nuclear waste looted by god knows who. Other than killing a lot of Iraqi's be killed by our new liberation bombs. Other than bomb residential areas with 2,000lb bombs for a few targets that were rumored to be in the area (can you say war crime). The ends have not justified the means. Bombs anyone?

Why wasn't the search for WMD's began instead of going straight for the Oil--which is still non-operational *wink wink*. I don't support this war for many reasons, one of them being that I don't support war profiteers. Especially coming from an appointed president that says a whole lot and does a whole lot worse.

Thin the forest so we can save it? Tax cuts for the rich to help those not so fortunate? U.S. blaming false WMD evidence on the enemy? Is our children learning yet? How much has to be shoveled into your face before you smell it?

Politics is language, what does the politics of the Bush administration tell you?...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

Politics is language, what does the politics of the Bush administration tell you?...

it tells me he is like every politician before him. he only serves his own interests...

i just know some on here have an axe to grind with this particular one because of bias and political affiliation and little else is needed for them.

top topics

join