It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Less than 1/2 of nation finds G-Bush honest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Im sorry to admit this, but in 2000 I kind of supported Bush. On 9/11 I was so-so about George bush, until he started the so called "war on terror". Then I didnt approve of him at all after that, because there are better ways to deal with terrorism then Invading a country like Iraq that had nothing to do with 9/11. Yes we invaded Afghanistan, but we only sent 11,000 troops. Now Im glad to see that America is starting to wake up.

Quote- "One of President Bush's most attractive traits has been his reputation for straight talk, but a new poll yesterday found that fewer than half of Americans think he's honest.
Only 48% of respondents to an AP-Ipsos survey think he's honest, while 50% do not, the poll indicated. That is a five-point drop from January, when 53% of Americans thought Bush was an honest President.

Moreover, some 56% of Americans think he's too cocky, up from the 49% in January who said they view Bush's confidence as arrogance.

A solid majority still see Bush as likable and a strong leader, but Bush's overall job approval was at 42%, with 55% disapproving.

"Clearly his credibility on things like Iraq is playing a role in how honest people think he's being," said AP-Ipsos pollster Michael Gross.

Bush launched the invasion claiming that Saddam Hussein was developing weapons of mass destruction and nuclear weapons. Both claims have since been determined to have been wrong.

Since then, Iraq has been difficult to pacify and American casualties have soared past 1,800.

"Bush has deceived the American people and they are not happy with it," said Baruch College political commentator Doug Muzzio. "He's going to start getting toxic soon."

Bush's poll numbers have been in a tailspin for months, and his sinking support this summer may mean trouble for the Republicans at the polls next year if the numbers don't turn around.

"Moving into the midterm elections, it's not looking good for politicians of any stripe," Gross said. "It's a 'throw the bums out' mentality." "

Link: infowars.net...

How many of you support Bush? probobly not that many.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by BigPimpin]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Unfortunately many in the 48% aren't completely honest, and are bound to answer that way.

I wonder what the 2% are up to.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
When I was in canada I liked him and wished we had someone like that as a leader, when I came here I liked him but then I found out about libertarian's and realised my stance of social and fiscal issues were actually split in the middle and just one or the other. I too found bush to be straight forward with little bs when he first got elected which is why I liked him.

I do find him cocky and not holding true to his promises. I find that when it comes to social issues republicans don't like change, and the republican party has put religion front and center of everything like stem cell, abortion, gay rights, ect.

But what about the death penalty? It's things like that that make them contradictory, they don't believe in killing a zygote or using embryo's but they are for the killing of a human being regardless if he is guilty.

I don't believe in the death penalty because I think it's too easy of an escape route. Being held ina little cell with inside enemies getting harrassed on a daily basis and possibly even beat up is more punishment to a person then getting the easy way out.

So, no I do not like Bush anymore. I like the economic principles of the right and the social policies of the left.

The saying ' your rights end where my nose starts' should be on everybody's minds still today. But it seems as time goes on and we get this thought interrupted by thinkers who try and convince us that rights and the like need to be changed to fit today's world. But it just isn't so.

You can live in today's society just fine... If these people would just leave individuals the hell alone.

Anal sex is illegal in what states?

new topics

join