It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Base under Walker Lake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I was looking around Groom Lake with TerraServer and comparing with the maps on Google maps. I frequently have to zoom out on Terra so I can line up the Google map to get it in the right location. I was zoomed out pretty much all the way on Terra and I notices a white square to the NorthWest. If you have a look at TerraServer go to
Long:-118.77621 Lat:38.69891
You may need to zoom out one or two levels to see the whole lake.

Now load up GoogleMaps and search for Walker Lake, Nevada.....it will direct you to a town South of the lake, which is within Hawthorne Naval Ammunition Depot. If you scroll up on the Google map you will notice the lake is almost completely black but in the Terra map you can see the lake clearer, except they blotted out the center of the lake(not even going to say that the two bright lights are UFO's, could just be the reflection of the sun).

Don't worry about debunking this thread. Just wanting your opinions.

Also there is some interesting things around the town at the South end.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Nice find, yes, there may be a base there, because it also doesnt let you zoom in on the lake all the way with the google maps. I didnt look on the other site, but I dont see why else they would black out the lake. Ive heard of underwater alien bases, but who knows if that is true.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
You know you can post the exact link of both, don't you? I was going to but then I quit out of the page.

Anyway, the black lake happens with a lot of things. Other lakes, irrigation, etc. It has something to do with the colour of the lake when the picture was taken, then google enhances the colour and so it turns black.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
They usualy dont take high resolution images of lakes/oceans as there is nothing to see. It would be a waste of film, and bandwidth to have a high image resolution of a body of water.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
How many ammunition storage bunkers do you need? There sure is a lot of them. You know if I wanted to hide something a place like that ammunition storage facility offers alot of interesting options.
Perfect opportunity for stashing alien bodies, aircraft wreckage...etc.
Lots of security, the ability to have large covered trucks unloaded away from prying eyes. Strange people in and out of town. Hmmmm

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You know you can post the exact link of both, don't you?

Yes I do know that but have seen alot of posts of other Terra/Google links where people said they could not find the location after clicking the link. So I figured I would show them how to find it from the homepage.

They usualy dont take high resolution images of lakes/oceans as there is nothing to see. It would be a waste of film, and bandwidth to have a high image resolution of a body of water.

This could be true but if you zoom out abit you will notice a lake SouthWest of Walker Lake, called Mono Lake. It is abit larger than Walker but the zoom is allowed to go all the way in. Seems odd to eliminate just one picture on Walker to save bandwidth and not do the same to Mono Lake.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Having driven the route from Los Angeles to Tahoe, with a stop at Mammoth. I can say with utmost certainty, proof positive and all that suff that...

..Oh G-D! The MIBs are here!

Okay, Mono lake is well known in California, and is part of the Mono Caldera, there are some small towns there, ski resorts (Mammoth) and Hot springs. Walker Lake is used as a water resource for the farms north of Mono, as they are actually at a higher altitude that the Mono Caldera. The area is well known, well traveled and the only real news worthy item aside from snow pack is the damage from draining Mono Lake for water.

[url=http://images.google.com/images?q=mono+lake&hl=en[/url]

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
oops old thread DOH!

edit on 12-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Why does every one use Google maps? allot of there imagery is meshed together. NASA world-wind and others have a wide variety of imagery for locations and I haven't noticed any shopped imagery. Google is known for playing tricks or easter eggs.

new topics

top topics

join