It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

connection between Aztecs and Egyptians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
balloons!?!?!?!?!

Nahhh, the element "air"(i.e. fire, wind, and earth) cannot be broken down any farther. In other words, I doubt the Native Americans had the technical and scientific knowledge to create balloons; let alone reliable ones!

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The Romans and the Greeks may have also come over here.

1. Roman coins have been found in Venezuela and Maine

2. Roman coins were found in Texas at the bottom of an Indian mound at Round Rock. The mound is dated at approximately 800 AD.

3. In 1957 by a small boy found a coin in a field near Phenix City, Alabama, from Syracuse, on the island of Sicily, and dating from 490 B.C.

4. In the town of Heavener, Oklahoma, another out-of-place coin was found in 1976. Experts identified it as a bronze tetradrachm originally struck in Antioch, Syria in 63 A.D. and bearing the profile of the emperor Nero.

5. In 1882, a farmer in Cass County, Illinois picked up bronze coin later identified as a coin of Antiochus IV, one of the kings of Syria who reigned from 175 B.C. to 164 B.C., and who is mentioned in the Bible.

6. In 1966, a man named Manfred Metcalf stumbled upon a stone in the state of Georgia that bears an inscription that is very similar to ancient writing from the island of Crete called "Cretan Linear A and B writing.

The list goes on and on.
paranormal.about.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The Nazca lines are there for a reason, but are only visible from high altitudes simply stated there are ideal as map markers from the same altitude balloons fly at.

Aztec and Mayan Societies resided in mountainous regions how did they move supplies, men and materials around effectively enough to maintain an empire, without heavy beast of burden? Empires which in respect to territory and populace were as large as any in the Eastern Hemisphere.

A voyage across the Atlantic in a boat made of reed is not the same as a using one to navigate around a continent. Such a venture would at best be extremely dangerous and as a result would limit considerably, the ability of travelers to apply such a means for commercial gain. On the other hand, a balloon properly equipped has the ability to rise above a storm and can carry a substantial amount of weight.

This would make possible a viable trade route with little interference with commerce.

The conclusion drawn with respect to the "Atlantians" was that they were a very advanced race. The basis of which would have been the result of the observation of advanced technology of some kind. That they were capable of flight would have been a good reason to draw that conclusion, as to those who resided in the Eastern Hemisphere the sky was equated with heaven.

In North America Buffalo were so great in numbers that some have concluded that when they migrated (in the days before the Europeans came), there movements could be visible from orbit. Clearly, to claim that somehow this fact had somehow been forgotten by Indians living south of Mexico bespeaks of a culture which was not aware of its own heritage. Naturally they could have imported and domesticated these animals (they were at least that advanced). A natural conclusion is that they had an alternative and applied that alternative effectively.

The technology of Ballooning was alleged (per written history) to have bee invented by a Portuguese monk near the time the Spaniards had successfully gained control of south and Central America, as well as the Caribbean.

I submit that as an ally so close that today Brazilians speak Portuguese the technology was stolen.

Knowledge of it belonging to American Indian Empires was suppressed, and the Portuguese monk received the credit.

The llama is most useful as a pack animal. Llamas generally can carry about 130 pounds (60 kilograms) each, and are sure-footed on the mountain trails. They can travel from 15 to 20 miles (24 to 32 kilometers) a day with a full load. If a llama feels its pack is too heavy, or if it thinks it has worked hard enough, it will lie down and refuse to move.

The ancient Maya once occupied a vast geographic area in Central and South America. Their civilization extended to parts of what is now Mexico, Honduras, and El Salvador, and most of Guatemala and Belize.

Llamas cannot carry men, heavy materials or for that matter tow stones, a recent experiment established that even kites could be applied with a similar effort in mind.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Beyond that Byrd not only would I site that it is a practical explanation for many issues in respect to Mayan, Toltec and Aztec Civilizations, I would also
site that to the best of my knowledge this is correct.

I do rememeber a conversation at ATS which cited the moving of a stone by American Indian cultures which far exceeded anything accomplished in the Easter Hemishpere.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Actually the essential of building a Hot air Balloon is not that difficult...

Hot air balloons are based on a very basic scientific principle: warmer air rises in cooler air. Essentially, hot air is lighter than cool air, because it has less mass per unit of volume. A cubic foot of air weighs roughly 28 grams (about an ounce). If you heat that air by 100 degrees F, it weighs about 7 grams less. Therefore, each cubic foot of air contained in a hot air balloon can lift about 7 grams. That's not much, and this is why hot air balloons are so huge -- to lift 1,000 pounds, you need about 65,000 cubic feet of hot air!

To keep the balloon rising, you need a way to reheat the air. Hot air balloons do this with a burner positioned under an open balloon envelope. As the air in the balloon cools, the pilot can reheat it by firing the
burner.

See link...

travel.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
First off "The Orion Theory" is in my mind no real evidence of anything. Since the Orion star system is the most obvious and viewable from the ground without telescopes. It wouldnt be hard to believe that two seperatly developing civilizations would both be able to view Orion, and then come to the rational that building structures in line with the stars would align them with "God" and what not. The Orion Theory in my mine is a lazy aproach to proving anything.

What is intriguing though is the evidence of possible trade between the two civilizations. Specifically the depiction of animals such as elephants, and the use of cocain in mummys. Do I believe the two civilizations had some encounters with eachother yes. Do i believe they both originated from some common mythical land or some alien planet no. Trade between the Aztecs/Mayans, and Egyptians would undoubtly influence both cultures socialy, religiously, and economicly. This has been seen throught the course of world history, such as Europeans and the Chineese, Europeans and Native Americans, so on and so forth.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join