It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can mankind ever experiance true freedom?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
If this thread is in the wrong place feel free to move it.

It seems to me that there are variouse degrees of freedom for example if the government raises income taxs you have lost the right to spend your money how you want to. In some cases reglion directly or indirectly inhibts people freedoms in a Similar way.
Lets take the logic one step further. In order to have "true freedom" we must live without reglion and government . Sure the world would be fine without reglion but about what society without government?

Without government there is no structure in place that would allow people to get an education , obtain health care and live without fear.
All off sudden the elusive goal of freedom is once again out of reach without an education you no longer have a choice if you want to read that book (Tom clancy or the bible take your pick. :roll

We know that the extreme right and left are the same. Some members of right would have the majority of the population illiterate, married at 12 and women are property. Some members of the left are environmental naizs or would have us living in an unachievable Communist utopia.

How do we obtain the highest degree of freedom?
Elected a modrate , middle road right wing or Libertarian government.
In order to obtain greater drgrees of freedom people have to think for themselvs.
Will humans ever think for themselvs?
Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The yari people do in new gueina..........

they have a true community, plant their own food, have their own village ethics and rules, and they live soverign from the govt.

i think you mean any countries people the choose to live in a society governed by a body of people telling society whats what... then i would say half and half.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well.. speaking as a white American who has lived high on the hog and down low, I am as free as a human being could ever hope to be. I've long said, we are as free as our bank accounts are big.

new topics

join