It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's portrayal of conspiracy-related material/stories in movies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Yep. I should have said that there were people from "2001: A Space Oddyssey" who designed the look of the laboratory interiors. I forget the "important" guy's name who worked on both, but he is in the Making of Andromeda Strain program made in the 70s (included on the DVD).

I'm just amused by the incredible effects in "2001" prior to the moonlanding. In "2010", the novel, author Clarke points out that some find it curious that the "houston, we have a problem" and in "2001" HAL says "Dave, I think we might have a problem". Also, the "real life" astronauts ("" for people who think that was a production as well) were playing the them from "2001" ("Sprach Zarathustra").

So "2001" does have a connection to "A.S." and "2001" was connected to the moonlanding in the way related above. And, because Kubrick did such a great job creating space-effects, it fed those already skeptical that the US moonlanding footage was authentic. And Clarke did design actual satellites and so he did have contact with the space program etc.

I'm just wondering if somehow some of Andromeda's Wildfire Lab might have some very real touches, other than the underground Nevada location, with Area 51 or another underground research laboratory.

Maybe someday, instead of astronauts quoting "2001:..." we will instead live to hear "Andromeda Strain" quoted by biotechnicians as a potential space-plague is unleashed close to Las Vegas.

[edit on 14-9-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

[edit on 14-9-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
don't know if it's been mentioned, but how about The Cave..I see it's related to going into deep underground caves to discover..well things that 'dont want to be discovered' ...and I'm pretty sure I saw a lot of reptilian comparisons

to me it totally relates to the whole reptoid/unknown underground thing

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
there's only one movie in my eyes that left me feeling, that somebody was trying to tell me something and something important,
its called: The Day the Earth Stood Still
preview of the film: videodetective.com...

"I came here to give you the facts. It is no concern of ours how you run your own planet - but if you threaten to extend your violence, this Earth of yours will be reduced to a burned-out cinder" Klaatu,

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
iamiam

"The Day The Earth Stood Still" is one of my older favorites too.

I agree there could very well be some reality in it regarding UFOs and contact with the government since UFOs did a fly-by of DC ONE YEAR LATER in 1952.

ufocasebook.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Must haves movies are about political assassinations:

"Suddenly"(1954) w/ Frank Sinatra

"Parrallax View"(1974) w/ Warren Beatty

"Executive Action"(1973) w/ Will Geer, Robert Ryan and Burt Lancaster

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
A free download>>>>
www.freemoviescinema.com...

This link takes you to "The Disappearance of Flight 412" and gives an extremely accurate analysis of the methods used by the Military Industrial Complex when US Air Force pilots are unfortunate enough to see a UFO.
Classic psych control methods are displayed by the Intelligence agency guys but the pilots and their colleagues refuse to bend. A great movie, I was surprised that something made in 1974 with such accuracy could have made it out of Hollywood and onto the big screen.
Just goes to show that the battle isn't new, many courageous people have been fighting for truth for many years.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Enemy of the State with Will Smith and Gene Hackman.
Not really to much of a "great" conspiracy but it talks about Echelon and shows the NSA trying to hunt someone who has evidence of Gov't killing a senator. Great movie.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Bug imdb
Is an amazing movie that I never see mentioned and it's full to the brim with every conspiracy that you could think of, in fact every time I see it I wonder if the script writer copied a lot of the lines wholesale from ATS

You should really see it, can't recommend it enough
edit on 9-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join