It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haute Couture a'la Al-Zawahiri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yes thats right folks! The Fashion Sensation that is Ayman Al-Zawahiri has once again burst onto our screens with another style for a sizzling and feel good summer.

Here we see the latest style modelled by the Sultan of Style himself. Plain white cotton robes which are probably egyptian with a black turban with leading edge draped over his left breast.

This is a big change from his previous outfits and many speculate that the change in fashion is actually a cunning attack signal.

These are worn by Persian and Arab scholars alike; the black colour indicates descent from the Prophet Muhammad and also one person known for wearing turban is Osama bin Laden.

Al-Zawahiri has previously worn the black Turban but it is very rare.

Here we see some caps that illustrate my point.

Also, we see that he is fond of a waistcoat but appears without it in this video which is the strongest spoken warning he has done.

Could the black turban and no waistcoat with a gun in close proximity be a signal for sleeper cells to attack?

hmm.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Good eye, I think you may be on to something.

Start stocking up on supplies folks...Bye Mecca....

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
One has it from a reliable source that Al and Tony use the same make up artist!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Todays Speical:

Paranoia, with lashings of fear and panic!

Free with every random video of a man in a Turban!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Nerdling..
Interesting..Think we could match attire to attacks?

I guess we'd have to figure out video release dates, and reports of terrorist
activity, after the releases..

Could we really break the code?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Every time this guy releases a video, an attack shortly follows:

Bali, Madrid, London (even if it's homegrown)

Sad fact when Ayman talks, scum listen.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
the black turban is just like prophet Mohammed weared wen he invaded the Arabian peninsula. so Zawahiri is showing that he is in war time.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
That AK's in good shape, he must never use it =P

Any one also notice that in the pics, the AK is sometimes facing right and sometiems facing left, might be nothing but meh.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by C0le]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I recall hearing, on some documentary about the taliban and afghanistan, that the Taliban wore a distinctive black turban, or at least tended to. I can't help but wonder if this black turban of Zawahiri's is saying something.

He is, after all, an egyptian , and I don't think that they normally wear turbans, so perhaps his choice to wear one at all is a statement in itself. And perhaps the black turban is pretty meaningless to us, but talibanis in afghanistan (and waziristan, etc) get a 'smirk' from seeing him wearing it??

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The significance of the black turban was mentioned in an article about the video:

The black turban – a change from the white turban he has worn in past videos – is "a sign that it's time of war," said Montasser el-Zayat, an Egyptian attorney who defends Islamic radicals and who spent three years in prison with al-Zawahri. The prophet Muhammad and his followers wore black turbans during their invasions in the Arabian Peninsula, he said.

www.signonsandiego.com...

That, together with the "American Hiroshima" rumours, makes me nervous.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm suspicious of that, on what is he basing it? Tho it is intersting that the guy saying it is also an egpytian, so maybe its a custom amoung them.

But, wtf is now a time for war? Al-qaida announced war several years ago,. so whats different now?

The prophet Muhammad and his followers wore black turbans during their invasions in the Arabian Peninsula, he said

Intersting. I wonder if this is also why the taliban wore it?

Come on, you know yer the bad guy when you are wearing a black hat!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I get confused with this guy.

Everytime I see him, I'm fooled into thinking he's a stand up comedian on comedy central.

I guess the "Allah Akbar, allah akbar, allah akbar, allah akbar" kinda puts me into a deep slumber.

new topics

top topics

join