It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invade Tibet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Could we(good ol' US of A)and would we want to invade Tibet in a war with China? I think we could. The 10th Mountain Division is good. Plus the 82nd is tough. The Marines i think train somewhere in California, around Mt. Ranier for mountain warfare. We could have air support out of Diego Garcia if we have tankers. If the Indians let us base in their country the range would be a lot shorter. We could use Hogs so it the Chinese try to throw heavy forces against our light forces we wouldnt be wiped out. We could also use Tibetian resistance forces to further harass the Chinese Military. We wouldnt drive all the way to Chiarman Mao's tomb but the chinese might sue for peace when American Devil Dogs are on their soil. Your thoghts please. You think the Indians would sent their troops along with ours? They have good mountain troops. They train at Saichen, a glacier up in N. Inida. Conditions are brutal. They have a few people who die during the two week stay each year. The cost is enormous on the indians but the trainings is really good( dont worry im an indian american. My uncle's a colonel and went there three times. So did my cousin. I think they're reliable sources.) THey have to carry around oxygen packs. They could make a difference if push came to shove.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Oh.. don't go there..

You're opening a pandora's box on ATS.. I tell you

Just spend a COUPLE of hours reading these threads..

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread87643/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread101977/pg1

Happy reading..

[edit on 1-8-2005 by Daedalus3]

M6D

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
woah oh..you do realize, that even so much as war with china is a bad bad idea? really..dont gooo there!

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Oh.. don't go there..

You're opening a Pandora's box on ATS.. I tell you

Just spend a COUPLE of hours reading these threads..

Can India liberate Tibet if it wanted to?
The Tibet/Nepal Quandry....

Happy reading..

[edit on 1-8-2005 by Daedalus3]

Agreed. Let's not start new threads on this subject when we already have several existing threads discussing this topic. On top of that this isn't exactly a discussion of a weapon or a weapon system.

Thread Closed.

join