It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Walsh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Do you know who John Walsh is? He is an advocate for victim's rights and missing children. Most probably know him as the originator and host of "America's Most Wanted" and now hosts a daytime TV show. He has helped capture countless criminals and helped parents find numerous missing children, he really is an amazing man.

His crusade started in 1981 when his 6-year old son was kidnapped and later found murdered. They never got closure, the man that was arrested and charged with his murder was killed in prison and took the answers of what happened to Walsh's son to his grave.

from John Walsh's website

It wasn't long after Adam's death that the Walsh's turned their grief into positive energy to help missing and exploited children. Battling bureaucratic resistance and legislative nightmares, John and Reve's work led to the passage of the Missing Children Act of 1982 and the Missing Children's Assistance Act of 1984. The latter Bill founded the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, which maintains a toll-free hotline number (1-800-THE-LOST) to report a missing child or the sighting of one.

In 1984, Esquire Magazine voted Walsh "one of the best of the new generations." Since then, Walsh's endless quest for justice has been trumpeted across the pages of newspapers and magazines around the nation including People Magazine, where Walsh was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People for 1996. And CBS portraits named him one of the 100 Americans Who Changed History. Various organizations have honored Walsh for his efforts. In 1988 he was named the U.S. Marshals Man of the Year, and two years later received the same honor from the FBI- the Bureau's highest civilian award. Walsh has received hundreds of other honors, including the 1984 Father of the Year Award from the National Father's Day Committee. Walsh is the only private citizen to receive a Special Recognition Award by a U.S. Attorney General, and he's been honored in the Rose Garden four times by three presidents: Clinton, Bush, and Reagan (twice).

Today, Walsh continues his lobbying efforts and has testified before Congress more than 55 times and is an advocate for a constitutional amendment for victims' rights.

www.johnwalsh.tv...

There is no way to describe what this man has done for victim's of awful crimes and their families as well as missing children and awareness.

His "America's Most Wanted" tv show's captured total is up to 759.
AMERICA'S MOST WANTED

The world could use some more John Walsh's in it.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hes a tool for the feds. Pushing for less and less citizens rights. He has no concept of civil liberties.

Oh help us find this person. He wants to build a WOMD meanwhile theires 49023842642864 outstanding warrants in the US.

If you love John Walhs then your a fed because he never talks about whats broke with the system.

Alls he talks about is why the feds should get everything they want because it will make everything better.

Hello. Are things better yet. We have redlight cameras and all tis other shyte and we have more crimes or murders than ever.

Just walk over to the crime counter at the hoover building where you work.

Fed.

Tool. Get a life.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
You must be talking about a diferent John Walsh, this guy has dedicated his life to finding missing children and helping to put scumbag criminals where they belong, in prison.

Not only is he very active with the things I just mentioned, but he also helps families who are or who have been victims of these crimes. He has done more good for people than most people in this country.

Originally posted by websuspect
If you love John Walhs then your a fed because he never talks about whats broke with the system

I dont love him but I respect him very much and I'm hardly a fed. What citizen's rights do you think he is pushing to take away? Care to elaborate, your post was pretty vague.

What about the almost 800 criminals he has helped catch? What about all the missing children's crisis centers, hotlines, counseling, etc. he has instituted?

So, what John Walsh are you talking about??

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I dont know what the other guy is referring to but obviously is mistaken your JW for someone else.

I have to agree that he is amazing and what he has done to help find kids and criminals is just awesome.

Hes a great man !

Mark

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Hes a tool for the feds. Pushing for less and less citizens rights. He has no concept of civil liberties.

Oh help us find this person. He wants to build a WOMD meanwhile theires 49023842642864 outstanding warrants in the US.

If you love John Walhs then your a fed because he never talks about whats broke with the system.

Alls he talks about is why the feds should get everything they want because it will make everything better.

Hello. Are things better yet. We have redlight cameras and all tis other shyte and we have more crimes or murders than ever.

Just walk over to the crime counter at the hoover building where you work.

Fed.

Tool. Get a life.

Im with you on this one....

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo

Im with you on this one....

Well maybe one of you two could elaborate, your "arguments" are pretty weak.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Must agree that John Walsh is an amazing guy. He has been through a lot and has done a great job with AMW. The show is great. I watch every Saturday.

However, I must agree with a point on the negative side. He really does know NOTHING about the system. Basically, all he does is get a list of top wanted guys by the FBI and then talks about them on the show. So yes, he really is only a tool for the feds.

However, that does not make him the bad guy these guys are making him out to be. I figure, if he can be used as a tool by the feds, and him and his show get even 759 of the countless losers off the streets, it's a damn good start.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I didn't realize that John Walsh endured the loss of his own child. Please forgive me, as I don't watch much tv. I don't think he's a bad guy. He seems to be doing what he can do. We certainly can't blame John Walsh for the inadequacies of "the system". Thanks for sharing this, ProudAmerican.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Of course you cant blame John Walsh, he lost his kid, of course hes not gonna be pro criminal lets do everything to help killers and rapists hide better.

Though Americas most wanted has the potential for becoming a very evil tool of the NWO, I doubt John Walsh has anything to do with it. Hes simply trying to help others get something that he was denied. With all the sickos running amok unchecked, doing sick crap to little kids and stuff, at least hes trying to do something.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I doubt he has any bad intentions with his crusade against criminals, i.e. NWO, etc. but what he has done for mising and exploited children alone is amazing. He has helped recover countless missing children and helped kids who have been abused.

Missing Children Act of 1982: The Missing Children Act of 1982 enables parents to guarantee that information on their missing child is properly entered into the FBI National Crime Information Center (NCIC) computer system. If you have doubts about whether the police department taking the missing child report has entered the information into the computer system, you have the right to ask the FBI to verify the entry. If the case has not been entered, ask the FBI to make the entry for you.

Missing Children's Assistance Act of 1984: The purpose of the Missing Children's Assistance Act is to develop leadership and provide funding support to address the needs of the Nation's missing and exploited children and their families and to foster coordination of programs and services for this population.

Missing and Exploited Children's Program:conducts research, demonstration, and service programs pertaining to missing and exploited children; provides training and technical assistance; and coordinates various activities.

1-800-THE-LOST: fielded over 1,000,000 calls through their hotline, they act as a clearing house for tip and leads that are passed on to the appropriate agency, as well as working closely with other government agencies such the FBI, US Customs, and the US Postal Service to help recover missing children.

Helped institute the Amber Alert: When a child is kidnapped by a predator, police use the Amber Alert system to alert the public via radio, TV, and the Internet.

They have the Amber alert instituted here in NJ, when an abduction occurs, the car, make, license plate #, etc is publicly displayed in hopes that civilians can assist authorities in finding the abductors. I've seen this many times in the past few years and it has worked every time in finding the abductor.

So I ask again, how can you say this man isn't doing good things? Those who think he is a "fed tool", do you have children?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've got to give props to Walsh.... Adam actually played in the same little league my little brother did before he disappeared. ( I remembered the uniform he was wearing in the news pic, being a team my brother's team had played often) I remember seeing the whole story unfold here on the news when he was kidnapped. EVERYONE was looking for that blue van.... In fact, the Code Adam in use at Wal-Mart stores is named for him...to help prevent future abductions. Hard for me to believe that John has anything other than good intentions....

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree with you Gazrok, ProudAmerican, MarkosOrrealus and anyone else. John could have turned to drinking, blaming himself, and just plain not give a crap about anybody else but he's passionate about bringing criminals to justice and he does it for his son and all the children. I remember it all unfolding on the news and from then until now he's accomplished more than we could dream. If everyone could be just as passionate about the things they do this place could be a better world to live in. I truly believe that if you don't have the passion for whatever career you're doing whether it be Doctor, Lawyer, Mother, Father then you should find what it is that gives you the passion that John has.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
He really does know NOTHING about the system. Basically, all he does is get a list of top wanted guys by the FBI and then talks about them on the show. So yes, he really is only a tool for the feds.

So can you both elaborate on what is wrong with the system? Details are nice, y'know

new topics

top topics

join