It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aliens? or time machine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
i know, this isn't the aliens forum...but this is a question for anybody who knows physics and relativity and how objects appear to behave given a certain defined space.

in this article (www.seacoastonline.com...) there is a description of a UFO that goes like this:

"...The object began changing colors from a bright silver to an orange-ish red. A strange cloud of red and orange flames began surrounding the object, and before he knew it the object stretched out like a rubber band. It grew to about twice its original size, and then it was gone..."

i thought "time machine" because of the stretching out, growing twice size..... but i really don't know how something warping time should appear to "act" once it encounters rules of nature it cannot disobey.

anyone want to venture a guess on what made this particular UFO look like it was doing this, assuming the description is identifying a real (or virtual) object?

(i'm a skeptic who once saw a UFO close up. still a skeptic about UFOs but...time machines? hmmm...)

[edit on 7/28/2005 by randomviolins]

[edit on 7/28/2005 by randomviolins]

[edit on 7/29/2005 by randomviolins]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Perhaps an optical illusion from a sudden, and very rapid acceleration to speed in the vicinity of the speed of light?

As a silly little example, wave your hand in front of your face. See the "streaking" effect? Or, look at a fan when it is spinning. See how it "appears" to be a solid roundish object?

Might just be something similar going on.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
that's exactly what i wanted to know - thanks much for that.

join