It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yikes... DHS is huge!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
www.post-gazette.com...

The Department of Homeland Security employs 8.33% of all federal employees.

That's a lot of bodies in just a short time (mainly from reorganization). Does this now make it the single most powerful cabinet position?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I still think it's the secretary of Defense , who has to have like 10-20% of all federal employees. Yes, that is a much larger figure than I thought it would be.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 04:42 AM
link   
But the Bush administration says that in Homeland Security's most recent test, the blackout that engulfed the Northeast and Midwest, the department mobilized swiftly and with few hitches and determined within 45 minutes there was no terrorist threat.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 06:39 AM
link   
What a waste of tax money.
They should have combined the NSA and the CIA into one Agency, not an entire department. This only caused more bureaucracy.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Jesus Christ, thats huge.......

When you consider how long the DHS has existed, and the amount of people it now employs, given the size of our govornment, its very disturbing, and i hear that its growing bigger and bigger...............

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
They need as much people as possible for the big brother proyect, that shows how important is for them to control population and detroy the little freedom we had left...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
"homeland" dosn't sound all that different to "fatherland" to me.

And we know what hitler did to millions of german citizens.

The Narzi were never defeated in WWII - its all a big lie.

They just moved to Washington DC.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The Narzi were never defeated in WWII - its all a big lie.

They just moved to Washington DC.

Sad truth is, youre right.

Here comes the fourth Reich, get your jackboots on, learn the goosestep, and remeber to attend those Nazi party functions on time, or else youll be branded a traitor.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
sounds compleatly 100% plausable....

whats even more interesting is i heard, george bush was born 3 weeks after hitler died, and tony blair around the similier time after stalin died...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
that is a crazy amount of people to have in such a short amount of time. and the government does hold alot back from we the people, but i just dont see good ol W leading the fourth reich. his dad would spank him and send him home without dinner and that would be the end of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
sounds compleatly 100% plausable....

whats even more interesting is i heard, george bush was born 3 weeks after hitler died, and tony blair around the similier time after stalin died...

Nice observation only...
Soul attaches to a body 49 days after it was concieved. And not at the moment of actual birth. That rules them out.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Nice observation only...
Soul attaches to a body 49 days after it was concieved. And not at the moment of actual birth. That rules them out.

Really? Can you show the quantifiable data for that statement?

[Nothing is triue]

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   
i would like to find out if that statistic is true or not. that is an interesting number of days to take before a soul attaches to a fetus

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom

Nice observation only...

Really? Can you show the quantifiable data for that statement?

[Nothing is triue]
NO
do your own research dogma fulfieled fundamental materialistic %&^*!

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
freeman just looking for a little proof to support this alleged fact that the soul attaches to the body 49 days after conception. i mean, whats wrong with 58 days, or 33....or maybe you just made that stuff up

join